Author Topic: The ongoing saga of food costs at the airport  (Read 16755 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
The ongoing saga of food costs at the airport
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 21:45:45 PM »
lucky you got out alive then Laffs:D

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 22:50:08 PM »
i know it's off topic (sorry) but is there a bk in Fethiye now or was it Mc D??

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 05:25:15 AM »
neither are here...both are coming this season, amanda....outlets are being worked on now ready for opening.

Offline Akasya

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 08:07:57 AM »
Puma, how remiss of me, i was replying to Gorgeous - Birds posting:

" There is no accounting for tatse but it is beyond me that you can be on holiday in Turkey and enjoy the wonderful food on offer and then get into the airport to go home and queue and pay a fortune for a bit of cardboard in a bun".

I saw no reference to Dalaman Airport, the cost of food at Dalaman Airport, i was responding to the cardboard in a bun, and the wonderful food on offer quote.

As you had not objected to gorgeous - Birds  post, or it's lack of compliance with the thread title, i considered it appropriate to reply in kind.

Sorry to have ruined your enjoyment of the thread with my entirely unconnnected spam. Perhaps if i changed my forum name to Lovely - Girl or something it would help.

Don't need this rubbish.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 09:37:29 AM »
at cesme port the food cost are the same as at dalaman ie very high, mainly as you/we are a captive market. also noticed while searching for flights that both bodrum and anatalya are cheaper to fly to from uk than dalaman now while one is nearer the other is not.

Offline Flippa

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2009, 11:50:24 AM »
I believe that they are or have now introduced the 'no liquids' rule for flights departing from Dalaman, looks like we'll soon not have any option put to pay the extortionate prices :-\

Offline Lol59

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 15:27:02 PM »
Came home last week through Dalaman.  We had already eaten in resort so were not bothered about food.  We were a party of 8 and all of us bought small bottles of water through and no-one said a word.

I had already made my mind up NOT to buy anything other that cigarettes and alcohol (which were a great price).  I was most surprised at the mark up on perfumes.  A bottle of Armani Code which I had paid 35GBP for at Gatwick was approx 52 GBP at Dalaman.

As for the food and drink outlets (of all descriptions) I have never seen an airport with so little trade.  So let's hope the message is spreading. DON'T BUY AT DALAMAN.....pray for no delay's which may force you to purchase stuff.

Lorraine

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2009, 16:45:23 PM »
I'm surprised you found the alcohol cheap, I thought the bacardi was very expensive.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2009, 23:27:38 PM »
We travelled to Dalaman via Istanbul.  As we had a bit of a wait between flights, we wandered into the bar at the airport in Istanbul.  The waiter found us a table and then brought us menus.  (We thought it must be reasonably priced, as it was so busy in there!)  Wrong - a glass of Efes was 15.5 lira!!  A small bottle of water (25 kurash in Calis) was 4 lira.  I refused to drink any alcohol (a killer!!) due to the price, but hubby had an Efes.  What a rip-off - obviously all the airports are the same!  :(

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 22:12:35 PM »
Last week I came from the UK via Istanbul SG airport and very surprised to find that Burgerking prices in the airport were the same as Fethiye BK. A small water was 2 lira in the airport shops.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf