Author Topic: How to Veiw Calis Forum Easily  (Read 4140 times)

Offline sprinter03

« on: October 19, 2007, 19:00:57 PM »
I appologise if this is the wrong section for this but its driving me nuts.
I have a normal desk top pc with a normal 17in flat screen.If I go to any site other than this one the picture and the sizing is perfect as it should be. No problems. Why Oh why is it then that as soon as I come to this forum everything does not fit my window.It drives me nuts trying to change the size and veiw sizes to actually get a reasoanale size I can veiw with comfort. Even when I think I have got it right and I decide to reply to a post I have to resize everything again. Surely this is not right. Am I the only one this happens too ??  HELP ME PLEASE  :)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
How to Veiw Calis Forum Easily
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 19:18:17 PM »
:DWelcome to the forum, its always happening to me, dont know why, and dont know how to resolve it because I am crap with p.cs, I just go left and right to read it, having said that its ok at the moment. ;)

Offline sprinter03

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 19:31:17 PM »
laffa. Thank you i dont feel so alone now.

Offline chewyturk

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 19:40:38 PM »
Right click on a blank area of your screen, click properties, click the settings tab and check your screen resolution. Try setting it to 1024x768. You should be able to comfortably view any website with this screen setting.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 19:52:48 PM »
:D Ah thanks Chewy, but i dont like to touch anything in case it goes off but that sounds ok, even for me,  ;)

Offline sprinter03

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 21:11:00 PM »
Also thanks Chewy.
But all that is doing (not that it worked ) is the same as what I have posted. You have to keep messing about with resizing and stuff which you should not have to do. I dont have to change my window size or text size to veiw anyother web sites,just this one. Again Why?  :)

Offline chewyturk

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 08:33:21 AM »
When you design a website, you specify a resolution. Most websites used to be designed for lower resolutions but as time goes by and most people have newer gear, the resolution gets upped. Most websites are designed in 800x600 to cater for the world-wide masses' monitor resolution but some are designed for optimum viewing on 1024x768. If your monitor resolution is 800x600 you will see scroll bars whenever you visit such a site.
If you set your screen resolution to 1024x768 you should be able to view all sites ok and you should not need to alter it back - once its done its done.
Or go out and buy a widescreen monitor like mine !!!!
Hope this makes sense !?

Offline sprinter03

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 10:55:28 AM »
Thanks Chewy. Yes I do understand that.I have changed the resolution as you said and yes it does work. Obviously the writing e.t.c is smaller but it does all now fit the screen Just one problem though.Because I have changed the resolution when I go to a website the first initial screen does not fully fit the window unless I click the little box on the upper right.Its fine then.But when I come off and go back to windows and then go to another website once again I have that small opening window. Before I changed the resolution all the sites opened fully screen. Question is how do I get them to open fully screened as before? I know there is a way,something to do with going to a site and clicking on a link but I dont know how you actually get the window to stay fully screened.Any ideas ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 11:45:22 AM »
If you've got a mouse with a wheel on the top, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and move the wheel on the mouse backwards and forwards. See if that helps with the screen and font size.

Offline sprinter03

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 12:54:42 PM »
I have figured out how to get the screen back to full size and to stay full sized so thank you all for your help.
KayaKoyuOldBoy thats a neat little trick.It will come in very handy.Thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf