Author Topic: Voip Service With Free UK to Turkey Landline Calls  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Voip Service With Free UK to Turkey Landline Calls
« on: October 05, 2007, 20:50:01 PM »
Rather awkwardly named, http://www.nonoh.net/ is 100% free to call Turkey (land lines) 24/7.

I think you add credit, and for 4 months your Turkey (and plenty of other countries) are completely free. Add another bit of credit, another 4 months free calls to Turkey etc etc.

Will work Turkey to UK too don't you know.

Don't ask me any questions, I don't work for them  ;)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 20:58:29 PM »
 :) That will save a couple of bob, Ta Scunner  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 21:03:36 PM »
The trick with these sorts of deals (they are actually very good deals) is to remember that you have to put (say) £10 on your credit to get the free calls - and calling Turkish landlines doesn't make it go down - so use it to call mobiles etc if you have to, rather than your home phone/uk mobile, get the credit to run out around every 4 months and you are laughing :D

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 21:10:08 PM »
saved it and will try it tomorrow cheers for the info

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 04:02:17 AM »
Keith - it looks better than you initially said.
You get 300 minutes (5hrs) a week free then after 120 days of free calls you can use up your credit on 'normal priced' calls. Most places are a massive 0.007p a minute BUT you have to pay for both connections - making it a massive 1.4p a minute. That gives you 714 minutes or nearly 12 hrs of calls.
We normally call US & Australia for around 1-2 hrs a week so £10 credit should last us around 6 months. That's pretty damned good!
Just looking at it you use it on your normal landline phone by putting both telephone numbers in.

Has anyone used it yet? What is the quality of phone call like?
Also is it portable to another number? Just thinking of when we go to Turkey & using with our mobile to phone US. Would be great if I could pop into Kafetyria a few yards away & take the call in our place!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 11:15:47 AM »
I've used several Voip systems and the quality is always pretty much the same, pretty good.

AS for transportable, i'm not sure with this one, but with a similar program like voipcheap - provided that the Kafeterya download the program (it makes sense for them to anyway) - you can log into it on their wireless connection with your account details and away you go - USA is free for landlines and mobiles while your credit holds - and even if you are paying, it's way cheaper than landlines and it's coming off your balance rather than theirs.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 10:56:37 AM »
Just an update on this one. Plus it won't hurt to let others see it who may have missed it. NOTE - most countries you'd want to call are FREE including US, Australia, Hong Kong, Mexico, France, Spain etc. etc. etc.:D:D:D

Used it up until last week & got free phone calls - but they limit you to a few minutes a call. Finally ran out of free call time. Really useful as normally it takes us quite a few calls (connection cost 5p with our 1p a minute one we usually use) just to get the daughters - both on mobiles in US & often in an area where there is bad signal OR their phones are off. Did you all realise that even if you get an engaged tone OR the message the mobile is off you still end up paying the fee?[:(!]:D It can add up quite quickly!

Paid by credit card & it cost 12.5 Euros (less than £9), part of which is VAT & charge. Still left us with 10 Euros credit & we got 120 days (4 months) free calls - up to 5 hrs a week. IF you pay by other means - sometimes it costs less but you only have 90 days! I couldn't be bothered going though all of the many payment options to see which was the cheapest.

It's been totally trouble free & considering we normally spend £5-£15 a month on calls abroad it's a bargain! Can use up free time on national calls too if you're not on a special all-in rate.

Thanks for posting this!:D:D:D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:07:44 AM by lindacarl »

Offline busybee

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 13:51:59 PM »
Has anyone else experienced problems with Voip.  I downloaded Voip Raider and went thru the process of registering.  I was told I would receive a phone call in 30 seconds and given a code to enter.  The phone call did not happen and I tried most of the day (message saying if not called in 30 seconds to try again).  Emailed them to no avail.  Next day downloaded Voip Stunt and exactly the same thing happened?? Until I get the phone call not able to buy credit and get nattering to all and sundry in the UK.  Any help or advice would me much appreciated.

Offline chewyturk

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 19:14:32 PM »
I use voipstunt and i got my phone call within 30 seconds no problems. Superb system although turkey landlines are not free. Did you enter your phone number correctly - 0090 252 6xx xxxx ??
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 19:15:22 PM by chewyturk »

Offline busybee

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 18:58:52 PM »
Yep entered my phone no correctly.  Went thru the whole malarky with Nonoh this afternoon exactly the same format as Voip and the same thing happened.  No phone call after 30 seconds and have been trying ever since.  Given up now might have known wouldn't have got anything that was free!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf