Author Topic: turkcel  (Read 2119 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
turkcel
« on: September 15, 2008, 10:51:24 AM »
Hi have asked this question before but cant find the reply on search
,why cant i get my turkish phone to work in u.k. it's got credit on but just keeps going limited calls only.
                       lance

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
turkcel
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:57:56 AM »
because its on the Turkish network

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
turkcel
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »
I know its on turkish network so does that mean if a Turk comes over here he cant use his phone .i can use my English phone anywhere i want i dont have to buy Sim card .
                       lance

quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

because its on the Turkish network

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
turkcel
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 11:38:43 AM »
I would imagine you can set up 'roaming' but I'm not sure how.

-By sending a short message
Type in ULUSLARARASI, ULUS, ROAMING or ROAM and send to 2222 by SMS to find out if your line is activated for international calls or not. If your line meets the required criteria to make international calls, you will be called back for the confirmation* of the ID details and the procedure will be completed. Otherwise, your line cannot make international calls.

Charging: Messages sent to 2222 and error messages sent from 5555 are free of charge. For Turkcell postpaid line users, the service price of information messages sent from 2040 is 2 short messages.

Note: In order for the line to be activated for making international calls, the application must be done by the owner of the line.

2-By calling Turkcell Customer Services at 444 0 532
By calling Turkcell Customer Services at 444 0 532, you can activate your line to make international calls.
This activation can be done only by the legal owner of the line.

3-Through Turkcell Communication Centers.
By visiting a Turkcell Communication Center with required documents, you can activate your line to make international calls.

Note: For the transactions done over Turkcell Communication Centers, a certain charge may be collected based on the recommendations of MOBISAD, The Association of Businessmen Dealing with Mobile Communication Systems and Devices.
However, you can complete the procedures that do not require ‘documents' over our internet page for free or for 1 SMS by calling Turkcell Customer Services at 444 0 532.

4- In case of TurkcellMobilimza owners, through Online Services Center
To activate your line to make international calls by using your mobile signature.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
turkcel
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 12:02:22 PM »
I can use my English phone here in Turkey cos its on a European network and I pay a little extra for full roaming, if a Turk can do likewise he can use his phone in England but not sure if its available?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
turkcel
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 13:48:05 PM »
Turkcell phones that have been setup for roaming use the the Vodaphone & Orange networks in the UK.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 15:21:45 PM by KKOB »

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
turkcel
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 16:16:39 PM »
Thanks guys not worth doing it now coming back in two weeks will do it next time.

quote:
Originally posted by KayaKoyuOldBoy

Turkcell phones that have been setup for roaming use the the Vodaphone network in the UK.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
turkcel
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 16:42:12 PM »
BUT why would you want to do it Lance? Plonk a UK sim in it - you can get some free & use the UK one unless you want to pay over the odds? You can get some free sims here.
Am I missing something here?

Offline Bybell

• Newcastle, UK
turkcel
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 14:15:57 PM »
I got Turkcell to activate roaming on my phone last time I was in Calis.  It doesn't cost anything.  I can't contact numbers such as 2222 from here, even using 0090.

I don't use it in the UK but if, for example, I top up kontors online through my Turkish bank, to avoid losing it after 6 months, I can get a confirmation text from Turkcell.  I also use it for SMS confirmations with the bank, they send a secondary pin number to it when logging in.

Offline Bybell

• Newcastle, UK
turkcel
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 14:19:46 PM »
Incidentally, Kaya, mine switches on to Orange here.  :)

Turkcell phones that have been setup for roaming use the the Vodaphone network in the UK

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf