Author Topic: Succesfully Topping up a Turkish Mobile from UK  (Read 1769 times)

Offline DavidNicholson

Succesfully Topping up a Turkish Mobile from UK
« on: December 03, 2008, 16:59:58 PM »
I have finally managed to top-up my Turkish pay-as-you-go mobile from the UK, and hope that this may help others.

I have a YTL account with Finansbank, and I have Internet Banking enabled.  I guess many of you will also have this.

Under the "Payments" section of their on-line banking is the facility to "Top-up", and Turkcell Kontours is one of the options.
However, the system will tell you that you will need an SMS Password from their High Security Menu.

What you will need to do, is register a UK Mobile with them, which you can do on-line, but you are going to have to telephone them anyway - this is the number for their internet banking: 0090 212 4440900 Option 9.

Once you have registered your UK Mobile, you can request the top-up from within their on-line banking system, and at the point where a screen pops up asking for the SMS Password, you will receive a text from Finansbank with a four digit code which you simply enter on-line, and Hey Presto, you have topped-up.

I got the confirmation text from Turkcell within two minutes and my balance had increased accordingly.

Next time you need to top-up, you will get another SMS Password texted to your UK Mobile as there is a new passwprd for each transaction.

I hope this helps some of you, because if you are like me, you must hate that first day visit to buy a new SIM card - it is such a waste of time and seems to take forever - and then you have to text all your important family & Friends with your new number.  Hopefully this should solve that problem.

Good luck.

Dave Nicholson

Offline Marg

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 19:16:55 PM »
Thanks for that David - just tried it with HSBC successfully!

Marg

Offline Chinook

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 19:57:42 PM »
Marg was this in the UK .I tried with HSBC and was successful in having money taken out of account but did not receive message from Turkcell. Interesting to see if it springs to life when we return next week and reconnect to Turkcell from Orange

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:58:45 AM »
David - just want to say a big thank you for this - sorted it out yesterday on my Turkish Vodaphone mobile (in my apartment in Fethiye) via my Finans Internet Account  :)

Just as you said - select Option 9 - (that is the "English Speaking" option).

They asked me the number of the mobile in the UK that I wanted the SMS message sending to.

They rang me back on my landline that I rang from in Rochdale to check that I was who I said I was!

They also rang my UK mobile to do same.
Whole process took about 20 minutes.

I then went on line to my Finans account - selected Top Up from the Payments option on the Menu - got to the point where I had to enter a Password and hey presto - my mobile received a message with a 4-digit password - entered it and it confirmed - Successful on screen.

As I am a "trusting soul" - I e-mailed my neighbour and asked him to go and check - and YES - it had been topped up!

I have told Gill that we can do that much now on line (Electric / Water / Phone etc) that we don't need to go to Turkey every 3 months now  ;)

Ian :D

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »
great thanks for sharing will give it a go

Offline DavidNicholson

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 13:08:40 PM »
I am delighted to have been able to share this, and very glad that it has been of benefit.

I just knew I would not be the only one who wanted to be able to do this.

Dave Nicholson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf