Author Topic: Turkcell "Packets" - Worth knowing  (Read 6804 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: Turkcell "Packets" - Worth knowing
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »
From the date you start Nichola to the same date following month, when I first started using it I got carried away chatting to my granddaughters and used my 60 mins as I was on then in I week, so thought I would try it on and tried again to put another 60 mins on, wouldn't let me, so I waited a couple of days and tried and it kicked in so guess im just lucky.   :)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 16:45:38 PM »
Can this be used if you have a contract phone as opposed to pay as you go? And what is the code for checking how much credit is left. And lastly Des is there a space between the words in the text message?

I've got a friend in hospital at the moment and it costs a fortune to ring UK mobiles on Skype or the hospitals robyoublind patient phones.
I would assume it can be used on contract phone Nichola, nothing stopping you giving it a try, just text 2222 then message in capitals AVRUPA 1 SAAT,  yes that is a space between message. if it has worked you will get a text back instantly.    the code for checking how much left is  *123*42#   press enter.   ps This is to any UK mobile and Landline.

I assume you need to add on top of this the data costs for using Skype in Turkey? Yes you can use it via wifi if you have it in your apartment or at a restaurant but I get for convenience a mobile phone that works anywhere, without a data plan required, may be worth the fixed amount for an hours calls.

Different things for different people but worth doing the numbers

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 23:29:58 PM »
Hey I'm really chuffed. Doğan just phoned Turkcell for me and set up a rolling 9₺ for 60 minutes on my contract phone.

I don't need to do anything else. If I go over 60 mins it just takes another 9₺ automatically and it starts all over again. No monthly restrictions. Mobiles and landlines.

Wish I had known about this before. Thanks David and Des    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf