Author Topic: Ripping off the clients  (Read 9769 times)

Offline Al in his wheelchair

• Newly Registered
Re: Ripping off the clients
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 16:27:23 PM »
Hi there
Cafe Soul has asked me to give their response to the complaints made on this thread.

1.  Regarding the drinks prices.
Small soft drinks are 5TL each.
A large soft drink (equal to two small and in a pint glass) is 8TL.  So by buying the large one the customer is saving 2 lira.
These prices are still the same as last summer.

2.  Chips wise - it would seem there had simply been a communication problem - chips did come with the meal so when the waiter asked did you want chips he assumed you wanted an extra portion.

3.  The staff are always there to give the customers the best service and an enjoyable experience - if there are any complaints or queries they would appreciate it if these matters are raised at the time so they can be resolved there and then rather than posted on a forum when they had no way of knowing that a customer had been unhappy.

Thanks

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 17:49:49 PM »
Cafe Soul has asked me to give their response to the complaints made on this thread.

They could always have joined and did it themselves personally, second hand responses have a bit less credibility.  I'm sure someone could have helped with any translation required.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 19:25:57 PM »

2.  Chips wise - it would seem there had simply been a communication problem - chips did come with the meal so when the waiter asked did you want chips he assumed you wanted an extra portion.

Assumed she wanted an extra portion? She didn't ask for the chips!!

Total nonsense that...

Offline madmart

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 20:12:07 PM »
Only been in Cafe Soul once.

They tried to leg me over never given them the time of day since. I know some have raved about the place, not me though.

Call me a cynic if you must but Ali's first post is defending them. All I have to say is 'ROUND OBJECTS'

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 21:35:38 PM »
You can tell the management of Cafe Soul that after this was posted in Facebook it would appear that there have been lots of "misunderstandings" in extra portions and pricing... The sooner these places realise that The Brits talk to each other the better... A few cons will cost them dearly this season  when tourists are thin on the ground.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 21:49:21 PM »
Yes indeed - Madmart for example. How much did he feel he was ripped off for - I'd wager a tiny amount when compared to all the liras he might have spent there throughout the years to come, had they not taken a quick opportunity to take a few quid too many at the first visit. It's not all about Cafe Soul either - there are similar stories at a number of Calis establishments.

£5 today or £500 eventually - wrong decision so many times...

Offline Al in his wheelchair

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 22:29:45 PM »
There are at least 2 sides to every story and I was putting across the version told to me by cafe soul. Which side of the story you wish to take on board is up to you, but being rude or sarcastic in a reply does not make a point more valid.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 22:34:25 PM »
I don't see any replies that are rude or sarcastic?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 22:48:22 PM »

Later I had what was advertised as Cheese and Tomato omelette for 10 tl. The menu read served with chips.
The waiter said do you want chips. so I said yes.

Just because I am home and on my laptop now so it's easier to quote.

I can't see how they can possibly put that down to a communications breakdown. If I order a whisky and coke and the waiter asks me if I want coke with it, I would obviously ay yes. I would however not expect him to serve me a whisky & coke, and a coke.

No misunderstanding.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 07:59:00 AM »
but being rude or sarcastic in a reply does not make a point more valid.

Nobody's been rude or sarcastic yet.

But you're on the right site. We're highly recommended for it when people defend establishments attempting to rip-off customers.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf