Author Topic: Village Breakfast - Casa Margot Hotel Fethiye (in photos)  (Read 9727 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Village Breakfast - Casa Margot Hotel Fethiye (in photos)
« on: April 26, 2016, 15:09:05 PM »
Last week the Village Breakfast Club went to the Citrus Restaurant at the Casa Margot Hotel after a rave review on the expat forum.

The views are really something else and for this alone it is well worth a visit, but for me it only scores 4/5 overall for both food and service. Price 30tl per person

The cheeseboard

Olives and salad

Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon - the piece de resistance of the breakfast in my opinion

Jams, honey and chocolate

The fruit plate

The girls

The breakfast menu - you get everything listed on the top image, apart from cornflakes, not a problem and we didn't ask for them. The second image shows the egg choices available for each person and you order whichever one you want. The pancake if you wanted that is an extra 14tl

A couple of views

Teas, coffees and water were all included in the price and we stayed long after they cleared our plates and the staff did bring more water and cay to the table, as well as some home made samples of ice cream to try out.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Village Breakfast - Casa Margot Hotel Fethiye (in photos)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 18:13:05 PM »
Why the loss of a point Nichola?
It looks fresh and delicious in the pics although I wouldn't say 30tl worth but with those views I'd happily pay a bit more

Offline sunlover

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 09:51:53 AM »
Looks a 5* breakfast to me, everything looks very fresh and very well presented. Certainly worth a trip for breakfast.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 13:57:38 PM »
We went there for breakfast last Thursday on the back of the same glowing review that you saw Nichola. However when our bill came we were charged 10 tl extra for having menemen, 12 tl for 2 bottles of water and 24 tl for having 3 extra coffees, so the all in 30 tl Turkish Breakfast became a lot more expensive :(

Offline sunlover

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 17:39:55 PM »
Did you speak to them about it Yabanci. I would have done. Lots of people as the season goes on say things like this, some restaurants we have found try it on, this may not be the case, and i dont want to make any judgements but i would have asked them about the extra costs

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 19:32:12 PM »
Anne, probably small and insignificant things really, but we now live in a world where the boutique village breakfast has caught on in a big way and I've sampled several now so if I'm honest it might seem a little picky but I'm sort of comparing like with like.

Two things. Lovely though the Eggs Benedict were all 4 of us ordered the same and all were barely warm by the time they reached the table although they had clearly been cooked thoroughly as you can see from the photo.

The service was very attentive which in itself isn't really an issue but there was slightly more enthusiasm for clearing the table before we had finished than I would have liked and three times I had to hang onto my plate...

However, I would definitely go again and explain next time we like the breakfast to be a leisurely affair and that the eggs need to reach the table while still hot.

Also, so it's three things really, and it's probably just me as the friend I arrived with didn't seem to mind, but I would prefer not to be asked if I'd like to give my email address so I could be kept informed of any events within seconds of sitting down. It's not the staffs fault and they were all really nice and smiley but after we had eaten might have been a better time to ask.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 19:46:20 PM »
We have had boutique village breakfasts in three places now. The Sundial, Casa Margot and yesterday at the Unique Hotel; review coming soon.

In the Sundial coffees were included in the price and afterwards extra coffee offered by the owner, on the house. At Casa Margot all coffees were included, and as I said we all were brought extra water, teas and a biscuit without asking about an hour after we had finished our breakfast, plus the ice cream taster session all included in the price.

At Unique yesterday nearly everyone and there were six of us had more than one coffee each and again there was no extra charge although we were expecting there to be.

All of the coffees at all three venues were any coffee we wanted like cappuccino, lattes, Americanos etc, so we all did wonder if they would be extra.

In none of the above were we charged extra for water and they all have those expensive bottled waters that come in glass bottles.

Sounds like you had a bit of a raw deal Yabanci

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 20:05:15 PM »
Thanks Nichola. 
I shall look forward to trying it out and of course hold onto my plate with both hands  :)

Offline mac2010

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 11:14:18 AM »
Me and my wife went on Sunday and had the breakfast and we found it wonderful and well presented.I found their service very good.We stayed afterwards and enjoyed  the views whilst partaking in few bottles of wine with strawberries and various bits and bobs.We never got charged extra for the coffees or teas or extra fruit juice from breakfast. Will be going back soon for the evening meals.One thing i did comment on was the dinner menu not offering many options and he told me that they will be adding to the menu soon.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 11:21:40 AM »
The service was very attentive which in itself isn't really an issue but there was slightly more enthusiasm for clearing the table before we had finished than I would have liked and three times I had to hang onto my plate...

I've always considered that to be a very Turkish thing, and in a lot of places, even having a word doent work - it depends I think if they're more afraid of the boss (who sets that policy) than the customer  :)

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf