Author Topic: SARNIC - Kaya village  (Read 2903 times)

Offline lmaddy

SARNIC - Kaya village
« on: June 07, 2006, 17:42:19 PM »
On our trip to Kaya & the Ghost village we stummbled accross this little gem. If you walk past the main church in the ghost village to the little road it is right there.

It is in a beautiful setting, the gardens are lovely a little wild, they have a wonderful dog called poppy who paid lots of attention to us and was very cuddly however we soon learnt that she was a tart and as soon as we left and the next couple came in she was then their best friend.

The restaurant is a little old Greek house that you can wonder around, it was a nice day so we sat outside, beautiful views up to the village.

The food was excellent - Larry and I shared a lamb main dish and a couple of large efes - the bill came to 23YTL.

They said come back in the evening and they would run us home - unfortunatley we ran out of time so never maid it back but it is on our list for next time.

It is run by a delightful hippie unfortunatley I can't remember his name but he was very friendly. It was a lovely relaxed lunch and we certainly had that feeling of wellbeing afterwards.

Lucily we couldn't find the path that leads to Olu deniz and hitched a lift instead 15 mins instead of 3 hours. 3 hours spent on the beach instead!

Highly recommended!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
SARNIC - Kaya village
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 23:16:06 PM »
The delightful Hippy is known to most people as Dostum,I can't remember his real name either. He has the most fantastic outlook on life, and every year now on my birthday I remember that he told me to celebrate having had another year on earth, instead of my usual moans about getting older.
He makes beautiful jewellry made of olive stones that he picks himself during the winter. He made us a special olive stone decoration to hang on our wall to bring us luck in our new home.
We haven't tried the restaurant as it was just opening last time we were there, I'm so glad to hear its a success, and shall definitely visit next time we're over

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
SARNIC - Kaya village
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 21:58:58 PM »
Me too. I love Kaya Koy, and havent had a bad meal there yet. We shall try this place in August. ThanksLorraine.

Offline victoria

SARNIC - Kaya village
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 16:12:23 PM »
We had a lovely meal at Sarnic too, best one yet in Kaya (of the type) and the price was OK. The meze was particularly nice, the lamb very tender and the sauce rendered down by a prof. chef. If you want good meze and more BBQ type food, Cinbal is still the best and consistent.

Offline davewalsh

SARNIC - Kaya village
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 13:04:14 PM »
Dostum is actually Turkish for 'mate' - but it is not used as informally as the way that we use it. It actually signifies very deep friendship. If you call a Turk Dostum - he will usually correct you and say 'Efendim' - his way of saying, not that deep a mate

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf