Author Topic: Charity donations  (Read 5048 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Charity donations
« on: March 02, 2020, 19:01:59 PM »
H's  post got me wondering about all the other great charity donations CBF did. The school one where they did so much for that school..remember?? Any feed back lately? It was an amazing campaign.
Then there was kids needing medical attention, clothing.Animals requiring meds and donations.
Then there's all the support,promotion and recommendations for lots of small businesses.
CBF have done so much over the years for so many good causes. I've never heard of another forum being so consistent. Well done

Offline Ray1951

Re: Charity donations
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 19:18:23 PM »
Well done.  Whatever happened to the help that the people of Fethiye gave to the mining community a few years ago?  Has there been any updates?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 20:06:56 PM »
Yes, I forgot about that one, it was a tragic event too.

Just remembered something that Made me chuckle..I think it was something to do with Olympic medals and I got mixed up and said I would donate more than I intended to. When we went over for our holiday the bus stopped outside a school and all these immaculately turned out kids were all waving at us through the fence. I turned and said to martyn,see that was so lovrly..he as miserable as ever comes back with yeah they're saying thanks for the uniform that you probably bloody kitted the lot of them out with...lolol ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 20:13:56 PM by BernieTeyze »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 20:32:35 PM »
I am exceptionally proud of what CBF has achieved in terms of raising money for local charities. We also refused to let "Rod Stewart" rest without a proper headstone and many other calls for help were always met with support and donations from forum members.

Without any doubt for Steph & I, the day we delivered all the amazing items to the Bozalan school was one of the best of our lives.

It's a great shame that other places and forums (including Facebook) didn't do similar, there are plenty enough good causes. It is also a huge disappointment that people come to places like CBF and get good, honest and accurate advice for free - often saving them paying a local lawyer - yet it is always the same tiny percentage of CBF members who answer the call, time after time. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 20:49:14 PM »
Here are some of the latest applıcations to the 3C's

1.Kargı:

The school extended a few years ago and incorporated with the other local school.

The desks are essential and the photocopier and projection unit will help immensely. Parents are often asked for money to help but mostly the parents are quite poor.

2.Karaçulha Anadolu Lisesi.

They are requesting help to establish a new library.

They need for 10 cupboards, 10 work stations, 2 computer desks, and 50 chairs. Also 2 computers.

The school have a new administration and want to improve a previously poor library. They aim to have a reading club and encourage all students to use the library facilities.

They have also asked the Ministry of Education for help.

3. A 6 month old Syrian baby, who has profound bilateral hearing problems. There are further neurological problems. Testing was difficult due to the neurological problems . This baby will probably need cochlear implants but before insurance will pay for neurological treatment and implants, they want baby to have used hearing aids for a year.

4. A local lad has been taking part in Karate competitions locally. He has the opportunity to try out for the national team in April, which is held in Kayseri. His mother is asking for help with the entrance fee.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 22:46:14 PM »
And there was the tragic case of the two boys with a degenerative disease who didn't have a proper house to live in.

CBf members helped hubblebubbles and Embrace's magnificent efforts in provide accommodation to help the boys.

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=57025.0

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 19:10:20 PM »
Id love to see the Bozalan school pics n videos again.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 19:16:05 PM »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 20:04:16 PM »
Love that video - brought some joy at a very dark time  :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 21:10:22 PM »
2012, where did that time go. Wasn't there something about no heating in the classroom and having to go across some uneven land to go to the loo. It really was an amazing campaign.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf