Author Topic: Cheaper Electric  (Read 7307 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Cheaper Electric
« on: March 14, 2004, 15:26:38 PM »
My agent has just arranged for the power company to replace my old electric meter with a new digital one which gives off peak savings of up to 40% on the cost of power, particularly useful if you leave aircons running overnight, there is a cost involved to change, I think it's about £120 but I have not yet had the bill, will let you know how much once it arrives.

Rimms

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 16:10:52 PM »
Rimms another way to keep your electricity prices in check, is to have a hotel type card controlled switch fitted, it means when guests are out of the villa the power is off only the fridge and safety light circuits stay on.

You can also have the ring welded so they can't take it off the key ring

Ron

Offline tel

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 21:15:25 PM »
Hey, Nice one guys.
Very Interesting these snippets.
Keep em coming huh
cheers
Tel

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 21:22:04 PM »
Any idea how much that costs Ron?
Amazing the knowledge gained from this site ......
would never have thought of that myself, then again don't think much anyway lol
Anne

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 22:25:46 PM »
The unit itself costs no more than £20.00 i would imagine, it was included in all the electric work i had done 9 new sockets, inc moving repairs to fuse board and wiring to my A/Con total cost £90.00

Ron

Offline Carpete

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 22:37:53 PM »
Legless. hi..do you have a contact phone number, email or address for the unit and associated work please? Also does anyone know how much electricity is per kwh please. We hope to have a small 1db. 2sg. 1 lounge/kitchen property and wonder how much per month we will need to budget for..running 3 air con. units probably. Cheers. Carol and Pete.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 07:10:36 AM »
Will send details via email, 2 aircon units would be enough i would think, use a static fan downstairs

Ron

Offline tel

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 17:28:26 PM »
Ron,
Nice answer, 2 acons and a fan. I posed a similar question in another thread saying that you would need doors closed all the time for acon downstairs to work and suggested a fan, but not many replies LOL
Tel

Offline Carpete

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 19:00:18 PM »
I am interested in why  you suggest a fan downstairs Ron (and Tel)? I realise that you would need the door shut if air con. was downstairs  but if the summer is as hot as last year would not a cool lounge area be a little oasis? I admit we haven't been in Turkey in high summer for years and the bedrooms and sleeping  were always the most important to get right,  but we hope to be there for 4-6 weeks at a time in future so we would probably spend more time than on an annual holiday actually being "in residence".... advice gratefully received on this by those with more experience of the summer months! PS, no email to date...we do get problems with our provider I'm afraid! :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 19:29:14 PM »
I'd say that it all depends on whether you plan to rent out or not. People on holiday will generally be outside if downstairs but won't care about having the downstairs aircon on full blast, with doors open etc.

This would be very expensive (not to the renters of course).

If you don't plan to rent, then of course get aircon in downstairs, one has to look after ones self  :)

Scunner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf