Author Topic: Why Calis Beach?  (Read 5369 times)

Offline Linda1953

Why Calis Beach?
« on: July 09, 2004, 10:23:55 AM »
Can anyone tell me why you all picked this particular area to re-locate, live or start a villa business to as opposed to other areas in Turkey?:D

Really interested in this one.[?]

My friend is trying to twist my arm in favour of Antalya or Marmaris or Icmeler. 8): :)

As I will be the one with the money :Pmoving over here first 8) I would prefer to be amongst people I know are there (if only in the mind :D)and have contacts  ;)

I found this forum and liked what I saw.  I also think it is sensible to get yourself into a community where you are not so isolated - does anyone agree or disagree about this? :)

Linda&Elaine

Offline ronzeus

Why Calis Beach?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 11:11:18 AM »
Calis is quiter,nicer, friendlier and far more laid back. More people will help you.
The down side property is dearer than other resorts

Offline Peter

Why Calis Beach?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 12:08:10 PM »
Linda,

We chose the area because Calis is a friendly place to be, our villa is in a quite area yet still close enough to everything that we may need.

Fethyie is just round the corner and we like the town both as somewhere to visit and as a place that can cater for all our needs. What is more it does not turn into a ghost town after October, unlike some of the places that we considered.

We do not think that you can be isolated if you move into a Turkish community, we agree that to have friends who are native speakers of your own language can be a comfort zone. The very culture of hospitality in Turkey means that isolation would never occur.

Peter & Kay

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Why Calis Beach?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 12:56:03 PM »
Linda,

We chose Calis after consulting a friend of Jim's who has lived and worked in Turkey for a number of years. We kept coming up with places such as Altinkum, Marmaris, Kusudasi and others and not until we mentioned Calis did he actually say " it's nice there".

We wanted somewhere that does not resemble Blackpool or the Costas (no offence if you live or own a home there - it's just not our cup of tea) and yet still offered the potential do the things that we want to do on hoilday - like relax, sunbathe, shop (put that in for the missus) dive, water ski, windsurf, fish, paraglide etc etc - oh - and eat good food washed down with Efes!

In the end I suppose it is what type of place you want to holiday or live in. We chose Calis - and after finding this website we are more than happy with our choice.

Stoop

« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 12:57:36 PM by stoop »

Offline mikeh

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 19:21:18 PM »
why calis, I dont live there but for many years we have taken holidays in Turkey, we have visited , alanya, bodrum, marmaris and Calis, for me Calis has it all and then some, closely followed by Marmaris.

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Why Calis Beach?
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 13:01:14 PM »
I really can't explain why Calis, we've been all over Turkey but decided on Calis for all the reasons that Stoop has said, but it has "something" that I can't define, we just really like being there!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 13:01:53 PM by valentine »

Offline teresa321

Why Calis Beach?
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 13:53:54 PM »
Same here Val, we had been to quite a few places and in some ways Calis is not where I thought I would buy.  Some of the reasons I thought of other places to buy a property and settle (out of the way and very quiet) actually ended up being the reasons I didn't.

One of the big things for me is that it is not too busy, we live outside to keep a bit quieter. Fethiye is very close and a proper all year Tukish town and from Fethiye we can go all over.  I remember booking a cottage for 2 weeks in Scotland some years ago. Fairly out of the way but in beautiful scenery.  The only problem we had was that to go anywhere we had to travel about 30 miles to get to the main road to go anywhere else.  After a few days the novelty wore off and we did not last the whole 2 weeks (it was lousy weather as well).  I have always remembered that and although I like it quieter I do not like to be isolated.  Calis fits the bill.

Teresa

Offline sandgrounder

Why Calis Beach?
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 14:55:02 PM »
Hi Linda and Elaine,
This is one of the reasons why lots of us love Calis:

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Why Calis Beach?
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 16:01:06 PM »
Says it all!

Offline Roy H