Author Topic: Electric boiler central heating - Help  (Read 2643 times)

Offline AandP

• Uzumlu
Electric boiler central heating - Help
« on: December 27, 2014, 14:38:39 PM »
Hi.

Does anyone run radiator central heating via electric?.

We have a radiators installed which are fired by diesel, which makes the system impossible to use because of the exceptional cost of the diesel.

We are considering exchanging the boiler for an efficient electric one and would like to hear from anyone running a similar system, with regards to usage costs etc.

Our villa is 'single skin' construction and hence it is not insulated. The air pump exchange systems which are popular at the moment only appear to gently warm the radiators, which in our circumstance would mean that the heat would soon dissipate and not be sufficient to heat our rooms.

Thanks....

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Electric boiler central heating - Help
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 14:46:01 PM »
Fitted it to two properties in the UK where the cost of bringing in gas was prohibitive.  No complaints, it works well - at the time I reckoned it was costing about 17% more than an equivalent gas installation.

Installation wise, not much to it. Any competent heating engineer can fit it. Runs of single 13amp supply.

JF

Offline peat

• Newly Registered
Re: Electric boiler central heating - Help
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 09:20:53 AM »
In Britain electric heating is significantly more expensive than oil. A litre of oil can produce just over 10 kwh so at the current price of under 50 pence a litre thats 5p per kwh whereas electricity is around 12p per kwh. I would be interested to know current Turkish prices for the same commodities.

Regards,

Peat

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf