Author Topic: £100 a week  (Read 8635 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
£100 a week
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2005, 18:19:13 PM »
The black widow spider also comes to mind.

Offline doll

£100 a week
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2005, 09:06:21 AM »
linda carl
we do run a car
petrol is dearest in the world here in turkey,dont no why
its the cost of house in uk what kills us

Offline lindacarl

£100 a week
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2005, 15:19:19 PM »
Doll
I think we'll all agree with you about house costs here.

Living in Wales we've just had our property rebanded into a higher band which has added another few hundred onto our outgoings. (In England there was such an outcry that they abandoned the rebanding there - I didn't vote for devolution - just another level of expensive beauracracy).

Gas & Electricity bills have already soared around 25 per cent over the last year and they are warning that they have yet further to go soon. Add water & house insurance & living in Turkey looks more & more appealing just from a financial viewpoint.

Add to that the fact that you can afford to eat very healthily, that it is in fact cheaper to eat healthily than to eat junk food. Then there is a tremendous bus service (bit different to the 2 buses a day we get here) & it's pretty flat so at least we stand a chance of getting fit on our bikes instead of having heart attacks biking up mountains.

Then there is the climate. Hopefully once we've lost all the weight biking, walking, swimming & eating healthily we'll be able to tolerate the heat of the summer months more & it makes a change having decent weather during the winter (apart from the rain & very cold nights).

Turkey reminds me of when I was young. When people always seemed to have time to stop & talk. When children were taught to respect their elders & wouldn't dare swear mildly at them, let alone come out with mouthfuls of expletives, for no reason, as they do now.

I know it's not perfect but it's our chance to 'live the dream' that many of us couldn't afford elsewhere. Saying that there are few places in the world that we have felt at home & wanted to live. Wales is really beautiful but Turkey has captured our hearts.

Linda

Offline mary anne

£100 a week
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2005, 17:10:18 PM »
Linda - My thoughts entirely. What appeals to me is what we have lost in society in Britain . On the dolmus do you ever see a woman or an elderly person standing- NO. In fact I keep looking to see if any old people get on the bus in case I am sitting and thought to be disrespectful so it is catching. The only thing is the young turks get up for us on the bus (50 year olds ) which makes us feel old!!
Anyway I love it, love it, love it. And I am going back out for a week on Monday despite only being back two weeks, so what I will be skint for the next month...we count ourselves very lucky to be able to make such choices. Mary

Offline crossie

£100 a week
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2005, 17:44:48 PM »
I agree Mary anne thats what one still see,s in Turkey, Standards!
sadly lacking in the UK.

Offline crossie

£100 a week
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005, 17:49:35 PM »
Doll, Ive spoken to some on the price of petrol in Turkey, and apparently the thing to do is get your vehicle adapted to use gas, as well as petrol, Dual/Fuel, the conversion cost I am told is about £200, but the equivelant price of gas is only 45p a litre.
The cars dont run as well on a incline, as on petrol but you can just switch over.

Offline doll

£100 a week
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2005, 07:46:19 AM »
thanks crossie,but the tank takes up most of the boot space
and its a new car,but it is cheaper
lindacarl we loved calis/fethiye as you say uk is not home to us,the costs are spiralling to run your home
and we miss family the most,but would like to end our days here.
quality of life v rat run, good luck

Offline K471DTE

£100 a week
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2005, 21:43:35 PM »
After reading all your comments, I miss Fethiye even more ( as I am Turkish ) and yes reminds me my days in Turkey. Based on my experience may I suggest few ideas ?

If we all do shopping at local Markets, we can all get good service and good pricess and protect small local buisness? i THINK THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. I try to do it at all times?  (even in Belgium). I send my childreen to local shops with confident as they allways give special attention.

Yes, the price of the fuel in Turkey as whole is THE MOST EXPENSIVE on our planet. Then, I try not to drive but use also my 'velo' ( in frech byciclye ).

But I do also need  a car to see all beatiuful places. There are very nice places at behind the uzumlu towards Denizli... small villages. Incredabely sweet to spend time and even day there.

But we need to go to Migros as well and it is not eay to go without a car. Maybe could be a good idea to share the shopping dys in Migros or Market days... just an idea... Why should we make fuel companies richer?

I found heatlh service very efficiant as well. I had few situatons due to my childreen, all solved with A big smile...  

We found local market ( Pazar ) prices also very reasonable. I hope it will stay like it is.

Just a question, do you receive your Sun news papers on time ? This should give you a bit clue about my job )))))))

Kind Regards
Dogan

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
£100 a week
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2005, 21:46:49 PM »
english papers are a day behind

Offline lindacarl

£100 a week
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2005, 23:42:54 PM »
Dogan
I agree with everything you say. I'd be willing to have a car that is fully shared between a few people to take things further BUT it's the logistics of it all that might be a nightmare.
What happens if one person puts 90% of miles on, if someone else wants to go away for 2 weeks in it.
The ideal solution is for there to be those little electric cars I think they have introduced in Paris, where you pick them up wherever & drop them off once you've finished with them. Then again that might be too much like Utopia for many. LOL
Linda

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf