Author Topic: "Dolphinarium plans create major protest"  (Read 238481 times)

Offline Linda

"Dolphinarium plans create major protest"
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 13:29:22 PM »
If you know where Nadia's irish bar is - it's opposite there or before you get to Dragonaro chinese it's on the right where big park is.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 13:40:05 PM »
the power of this forum never ceases to amaze me, keep going everyone!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 14:16:08 PM »
NEWS UPDATE

I have just spoken to Jo who along with a small group of other Tour Operators and a couple of other people have just finished their meeting with the Mayor.

This is what I was told

1 The land was SOLD some time ago to the organisation that is building the Dolphinarium. These are the people that run the Kas operation. They (as in the council) can't revoke the sale.

2. The council WILL NOT grant a licence to this operation to open UNLESS the Dolpinarium passes the criteria to get the necessary licenses to operate.

The licenses to operate are issued by the Turkish Agriculture and Village Association.

So they can build the pond but it can't open to the public or operate unless it first receives the licence from the AVA and then they would then also have to get a licence to open from the local council.

List of who attended the meeting to follow in seperate post
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 14:32:55 PM by nichola »

Offline cheers

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 14:20:32 PM »
Nichola what BRILLIANT news!!

We just have to keep going to make sure that that licence is NEVER granted.

:D:D:D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 14:25:51 PM »
The meeting today was organised by the tour operators to raise the issues from a business point of view - not necessarily to represent the 'views of the people' although clearly there is some overlap!

Representatives from Thomas Cook plus one of their Turkish agent, TUI and Explorer, plus a lady from Kaya as a local person, journalist Jane Tuna Akatay so we can expect a much better update than I have given you in the Hurrieyet soon.

Oh and some bloke from the Kas Dolphinarium who didn't have much to say apart from its 'just for therapy'

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 14:28:42 PM »
yes it is brilliant news I was scribbling notes as fast as I could but when Jane reports I am hoping we will get more information and also about who and where next to target.

I think we are definitly making progress and the feeling by those that attended was that there is a 50 50 chance either way.

It also seems that this 'pond' wouldn't pass the very strict criteria of the tour operators themselves in which case they wouldn't be selling this as a trip.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 14:31:27 PM by nichola »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 14:35:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

Oh and some bloke from the Kas Dolphinarium who didn't have much to say apart from its 'just for therapy'

Surely not, only last night we heard it was just for profit!

Well done Nichola, great work.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 14:39:13 PM »
yes it is all very exciting I almost wish I wasn't going out with the girls to Ocakbasi again tonight so I could be around for any new developments  ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 14:55:58 PM »
I can't remeber who posted this last night it might even have been on FB but I thought it was an excellent idea.

To write/email/phone anyone you know at the local hotels/restaurant and bars and urge them to openly boycott it and tell them of course how we all feel about this. The response this person had was generally against it.

The more pressure we can apply anywhere can make a difference and it has been great to see already how many Turkish people from all over Turkey are against this.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 15:13:20 PM »
The telling time may come when we see which local tour companies will be promoting the 'facility' - and more importantly perhaps, which ones take the brave decision not to. At that time, it is important that we share this information so we can all use the ones who don't for our own personal excursions, and so we know who to recommend to friends, renters and visitors to CBF.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf