Author Topic: 2017 Season looking dire  (Read 34110 times)

Offline Sleuth

2017 Season looking dire
« on: March 03, 2017, 16:22:09 PM »
Apart from the Russians  returning... ( Antalya, Side,  mainly )   the rest of Mugla area looks like being worse ( quieter) than 2016  :-(      German bookings are reputedly  60%  down on last year... and I read UK  bookings are very poor again....  the usual regulars of course will return, but no fresh faces.
Turkish visitors will increase I read,  ok for trips and hotels, but not for bars and restaurants and shops .
After the dismal season last year one wonders if many can suffer  a `back to back` bad season .
When you read in the turkish press  350  isis suspected militants arrested  in Turkey already this year .. no wonder bookings are down again... 

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: 2017 Season looking dire
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 16:59:10 PM »
German bookings are reputedly  60%  down on last year... and I read UK  bookings are very poor again....  the usual regulars of course will return, but no fresh faces.

German bookings are, according to a German market research company, 58% down to Turkey and 67% up to Greece.  Tui have increased their capacity to Greece (from Germany) by 40%.

JF

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 18:02:46 PM »

Looking on the bright side there should be plenty of sun loungers without towels on them.                8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 20:49:24 PM »
There are quite a few people on T.A. Asking about accommodaiton and most of them are Brits.  Also The Buzz Beach, new hotel seems to be getting advanced bookings.
Fingers crossed, it may turn out O.K.  I feel sorry for the local businesses who have done nothing wrong and are suffering from the bad publicity for the Cities in Turkey.   I hope we will all support them and give them good feedback. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 21:43:49 PM »
I don't think I recall an upcoming season that wasn't supposed to be dire. Don't worry though, all the hotels and most of the restaurants are still here  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 10:50:51 AM »
With the use of Turkonomics, they're bound to have a good year.  :)

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 09:27:59 AM »
The cost of holidays worldwide are extortionate but Turkish holidays appear to be the best option so I'm sure people will come.  The boom of previous years has gone though.  Some hotels in Calis are already fully booked. The recent referendum result will have an effect on bookings but I just hope it's a good season for everyone.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 11:14:49 AM »
Problem is for a lot of people, like us, flights are so expensive.  I just had an email from Jet 2 for £200.00 off holidays.  I looked at the return flight for us from Glasgow and they were coming up at £663.00 and this is just flights and before we book any extras.
Also it means for us a 3 hour journey to get to Glasgow.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 11:35:56 AM »
Plenty of good priced direct return flights available from Manchester for May starting at £117.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 13:59:38 PM »
I have booked with Turkish airlines for May (Manchester) and August/September (Edinburgh) the Edinburgh flights where nearly £300 pound cheaper that's without the free meals, drinks and entertainment. Parking at Edinburgh was £64 for 16 days the closest airports for me are Leeds/Bradford and Newcastle but an extra 1 1/2 hours driving is a price worth paying also the flight times are better the only down side is having to change at Istanbul but this time we will try one of the lounges out   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf