Author Topic: Phone locked again!  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Linda1953

Phone locked again!
« on: July 31, 2006, 15:57:29 PM »
After my english phone got locked I woke up to my motorola C113a which I bought from Turkcell telling me I could use if for emergency use only?: :)Grrrrrr! [:(!] However, on checking my mobile I did get a message the day before telling me my phone was not registered and it would be closed in 24 hours!! :o :obut the message was in Turkish and so I took no notice of it at the time.  8)

Why was it not registered at the time of purchase?? : :)

I went to the Turkcell shop and got told my SIM was active but they would have to send my Motorola away to Izmir for repair?? Why would it need repairing if it is telling me I can use it for emergency use only?? They gave me an old Nokia to use in the meantime! I have only had this Motorolla 1 month. : :) I am fuming - has anyone else had this problem recently with regard to having bought a new phone here in Turkey due to their english one being closed??:(

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 16:33:07 PM by Linda1953 »

Offline doll

Phone locked again!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 17:46:14 PM »
if you brought your phone in turkey
it should be ok as you paid all taxes when you brought it

Offline Linda1953

Phone locked again!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:35:54 AM »
Yes doll I did and now the loan phone they gave me while the other one is supposed to be being repaired has croaked!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Phone locked again!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:36:19 AM »
Typical Turkey -lol. Maybe we should go back to the old "two cans and a peice of string".

Linda - go back to the shop and demand a new phone or at least a decent replacement until your's is unlocked/repaired.

Let us know how you get on.

Stoop

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Phone locked again!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 14:57:28 PM »
this locking/blocking, will that effect my uk phone when I bring it out, it never has been a problem before last used in turkey april this year.

Offline starman

Phone locked again!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 16:57:59 PM »
if your using a UK sim card then it wont be a problem.

Offline Linda1953

Phone locked again!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 14:47:50 PM »
Gawd another long story Stoop.:(  I went to see Þavas in Bus Stop who wasn't there but the guys in Bus Stop said some of them had the same phone message the day I got mine that said 'Emergency Use Only' they said it was just a network problem and now their phones are fine.  :)  

Apparently the loan phone that the shop (Opposite the Mosque with Turkcell in big letters on the front)gave me the battery was stone dead.[xx(] I went back to the shop and had problems with the next loan phone they gave me such as giving me the wrong charger and failing to tell me how to turn the mobile on and off :o although I found out eventually. Lucky I found a spare charger that worked at home too!:D  So I had to get a Turkish friend of mine to accompany me to the store to rant on my behalf and who tried to tell them that there was nothing wrong with my mobile and how could they have failed to see it was just a network problem!!?? and possibly NOT my brand new mobile after all.  However it's gone off to Izmir and they said it would either be fixed or I would be given a new phone. Watch this space, there is nothing wrong with the damn phone!! Grrrrr[:(!]

Having said all this why would I get a message to say my phone would be locked in 24 hours because it was not registered - is this some sort of scam when they see an english name or what? - sorry I have an evil mind: :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 14:53:49 PM by Linda1953 »

Offline starman

Phone locked again!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 19:33:39 PM »
Not a scam against english. It went out to thousands of people last week. Not only turkcell customers but Avea too. Telsim had it 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Its a new law the goverment came out with to cut down on the amount of smuggled phones coming into Turkey.
About 40% of the phones in use in Turkey are like this and thats an awful lot of tax they are missing out on.
The law was passed last year, people had to register before December 13th last year and its taken them 8 months to start shutting the unregistered phones down.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Phone locked again!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 20:56:56 PM »
I've just sent my phone out with some friends and it got locked as soon as they switched it on! It's on Avea and is NOT registered.

Damn!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 20:57:18 PM by stoop »

Offline Linda1953

Phone locked again!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 16:02:36 PM »
My phone is not english its a motorolla C113a sold to me in a Turkcell shop one month ago. (The one they advertise on Turkish TV for 109 tlr)Although my sims are active the phone was not and had to be sent to Izmir for some reason.  I just dont understand all this :(((

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf