Author Topic: work  (Read 11574 times)

Offline Linda1953

work
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 16:41:35 PM »
mmmmmmmmmm lots of English Language Teachers up here working without work permits! Some schools will help you to get one but as Starman says only if you got a diploma.  The school my friend is working at is getting her a 6 month visa.  My other friends school is getting her a residency visa but only because she has a degree.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 16:43:10 PM by Linda1953 »

Offline starman

work
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 04:02:33 AM »
there is no such thing as a 6 month visa and getting residency is nothing to do with having a degree.

Offline Linda1953

work
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 20:51:00 PM »
my friend who works for blah blah has been told by them they are going to organise a 6 month visa for her and she to have show all the necessary paperwork for this to take place.   I was at the interview for the same people and thats what they said because they asked us both about visa runs.  Now either they are lying................and its a load of Istanbul.

My other friend who works for blah blah blah has given in her passport and is having the paperwork done for residency and work permit she said she was told only people who have degrees can have arranged residencies and work permits through the school.  

You could be right about the residency and I will check that one out because I am curious about it.

Offline starman

work
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 03:44:17 AM »
work places and schools generally know nothing about the work permit process or the residency. Thats why they hand it off to a 3rd party to do it. They just say what the person wants to hear. You will find that they are getting them a residency and not a visa.
No need to bother checking out about the residency. Not "could be" right but I AM right. You do not need a degree to get a residence permit although 5 passport photos, application form, petition letter and a bank account would be more useful.

Offline Linda1953

work
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 18:25:51 PM »
Dont post to me like Im an idiot Starman. : :) Schools will help you with the paperwork for a work permit and a residency. You need to be working full time for a school to qualify for help with the paperwork to obtain a residency permit and a work permit.  

I was referring to my friend working for english time having a degree in terms of obtaining the help from them because she has full time work.  If you are part time working you do not qualify for any help with your rental your residency permit or your working permit in fact you dont even have a contract of work. So there are many people working illegally here.   If you are working full time you do have to sign a contract of work.  Dilko is one of them.  British English is another and Istek is another one. Also the Life School in Fethiye will register you with the Ministry of Ed and help you to obtain a working permit but you have to get your own residency permit.  

You CAN work if you are prepared to take the risk.  Its not what you know its WHO you know.  I have bumped into many English here who are working without permits in various places and who have been here several years doing it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 18:34:36 PM by Linda1953 »

Offline starman

work
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 19:40:09 PM »
You can not legally work untill you have your work permit signed by the ministry, period.
The SSK people can come around anytime and make sure that everyone working there is paying social security. Anyone that is not paying will end up being fined and also the company getting fined aswell.
I know there are people working here illegally for years but it still does not make it legal and it does not matter who you know when these guys come around and they have been snooping around istanbul for the last few months doing snap inspections.
Any company, no matter if its a school or a corporation, HAS to apply for your work permit for any foreigner they employer by law.
As for english time, well no need to go there as their reputation speaks enough for itself.

Offline my way

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 09:38:13 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by starman

You can not legally work untill you have your work permit signed by the ministry, period.
The SSK people can come around anytime and make sure that everyone working there is paying social security. Anyone that is not paying will end up being fined and also the company getting fined aswell.
I know there are people working here illegally for years but it still does not make it legal and it does not matter who you know when these guys come around and they have been snooping around istanbul for the last few months doing snap inspections.
Any company, no matter if its a school or a corporation, HAS to apply for your work permit for any foreigner they employer by law.
As for english time, well no need to go there as their reputation speaks enough for itself.

As mentioned before and scolded for it:

Starman you do not appear to be helping Linda1953 with her enquiry.
Indeed much like the response I have had to some of my enquiries you so called " helpful members " prefer to mug us off and treat us as delinquents. My advice to you is start helping people with your knowledge and not hindering or posting down to!

Offline starman

work
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 15:50:51 PM »
and a iyi bayramler to you too

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
work
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 15:59:37 PM »
quote:

and a iyi bayramler to you too

Well said - and to you too:D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
work
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 16:11:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by my way

quote:

As mentioned before and scolded for it:

Starman you do not appear to be helping Linda1953 with her enquiry.
Indeed much like the response I have had to some of my enquiries you so called " helpful members " prefer to mug us off and treat us as delinquents. My advice to you is start helping people with your knowledge and not hindering or posting down to!

Sorry but I think Starman has been very helpful. Maybe it's not what Linda wanted to hear but that's life I'm afraid. Bottom line is if you are prepared to take the risk and work (illegally) without a permit then be prepared for the consequences if you are caught.

I don't think Starman could have made it any clearer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf