Author Topic: Water Bill  (Read 4980 times)

Offline hazel dorrington

Water Bill
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 23:01:26 PM »
I just buy my water in advance at the Feski Office by the canal near the  Fethiye otagar. I read the water meter and when I am out of credit go and buy some more water. Have only had to go once a year. Usually get given a cup of tea not something that happens in England when you go to pay your water bill.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Water Bill
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 23:22:01 PM »
Ben - 'water Bill?
Bill - 'no thanks, I have a beer'

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Water Bill
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 00:38:05 AM »
Question!!!!!

As we are complete novices at this game ......

We have not been told yet - but in the time of leaving Turkey last September and now .... we SHOULD have had the bills now put into our names... as the living permission apparently was granted just after we left.
Up to this point - the bills have been in the developers name - and they have been paid for by the developer.

Will the water (and electric) have been cut off - as we will not have paid a bill?  (due to not being in the country!!!)

As we have had a few problems with the developer - we do not tell them when we are going out (but that is quite another story!!!)

What we do not want to happen - is that when we get out there at some 'silly o'clock' in the morning - we are unable to fill the kettle (and boil it) for a cup of coffee before we go to bed for 3 hours!!!!

Can anyone help here please ?????

xx

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Water Bill
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 09:31:06 AM »
It does seem that developers are slow to transfer over the utility accounts into the 'tenants' name. I have no idea why but presuambly they would be quicker if they lost money throught it! What is stopping you  arranging this yourself assuming you have a TAPU.

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Water Bill
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 00:51:12 AM »
Hi Twin Bee,

Yep we have the TAPU - have had since last June....

Without going into too much detail - the developers have been paid to do all this for us!  It was written into all our contracts.   There are a few - who have not even had their TAPU yet - and they paid their deposits the same time as us!

We have tried emailing the developer - as quite a few of us have - and they are not replying to our emails!

We are all a little concerned to be fair.

All we want to know is - will they turn everything off - or do they allow for these sort things.

As we have not been there - in theory - there should be no water or leccy used......

Carole

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf