Author Topic: Turkish registered phone top ups  (Read 1680 times)

Offline mibur

Turkish registered phone top ups
« on: April 16, 2007, 16:59:38 PM »
Just an enquiry, hoping that some kind person will be able to come up with some help.
I have a mobile phone that is registered in Turkey but unfortunately my credits will have expired before our next trip out in May. I don't want to go through all the hassle of buying a new sim card and having yet another new number.
Any suggestions?
yes, I know I should have left the phone with someone to keep it topped up, but a bit late for that now! [who is a stupid boy then !!!!!]
If any of you lucky people who live in Calis would trust me enough to purchase a top up card for Turkcell (the smallest amount possible, which I think is 100 units?) and I will reimburse you in May with a few Efes or what ever drink takes your fancy, thrown in as a BIG,BIG thank you. If you could e-mail me the numbers from the card with the security numbers, I can top up on line with Turkcell.
My sim card will expire on the 6th May, so hopefully, I will be able to top up before the phone is unusable.
I have tried to top up with a credit card but it has to be a card that is registered in Turkey!
Many thanks
mibur

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 19:51:00 PM by mibur »

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 21:05:07 PM »
If you top up when you come out, your sim will be reactivated immediately and all the credits that you have on it at present will still be there.

Crabbit

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 13:51:01 PM »
Mike. I have sent you an email

WW

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 15:30:32 PM »
Mine was OK when we arived in April after not topping up since October.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 15:46:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Crabbit

If you top up when you come out, your sim will be reactivated immediately and all the credits that you have on it at present will still be there.
I think he means the SIM will expire; if it's Turkcell then after 180 days with no top ups the SIM becomes defunct and you lose both the number and any credit on the account.

JF

Offline mibur

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 19:34:13 PM »
Many thanks for all the offers of help to top up my phone and a special thank you to my very good friend in Fethiye who went out and bought a card for me. Phone now topped up!
Thanks JohnF for explaining that the sim "becomes defunct", perhaps I didn't explain what I meant to say with my first post. I will make sure on my next visit that I get enough cards to last!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf