Author Topic: warning _ walking home  (Read 14607 times)

Offline frezya

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 15:29:20 PM »
Thanks for eventually saying where they were attacked,sounds as though they were walking out towards Koca Calis.
i regularly walk home alone but not in that direction, and yes unfortunately i have also been followed home. i was only recently approached by some visiting turks, that what they told me they were anyway, but a very quick F%%% O%% and they got the message. The police do normally patrol around but not seen them around much this year presumably as it's quiet and i know the 2 of the locals guys have been posted to the otogar instead of Calis.
Glad to hear the girls were ok and hope it did not spoil their holiday.

Offline Orange

warning _ walking home
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 16:58:51 PM »
sorry to hear that...

team orange

Offline Jenny

warning _ walking home
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 17:29:41 PM »
Why do they always blame everything from burglaries to girls getting attacked on visitors to the area?! Surely it isnt always people from outside of the area.

Jenny.x.

Offline skipking

warning _ walking home
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 20:05:17 PM »
I posted a similar topic last week about my neice and her friend who were followed by men in a car. The men tried to entice them into the car but they ran basically and managed to shrug them off.
This was heading back by the aqua park area.
It did give them a fright, but never had any trouble after that.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
warning _ walking home
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 15:01:03 PM »
This is quite worrying because my daughter and her friend are going to Calis on thier own in a couple of weeks.  They're only 18 and living where we do, not street wise. (they think they are but they arn't).  Hopefully, they'll do what I advise, get a taxi to take them home. My daughter has some self defence qualifications but you don't know how you'll react in a frightening situation.

Offline amanda bullock

warning _ walking home
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 16:20:38 PM »
take a personal alarm.a quick blast down the ear ole would see anybody off.(just in case of course)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
warning _ walking home
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 23:06:22 PM »
4 of us were followed on way back from B52 after a hen night on the road towards Aydin Pide by a man on a scooter wearing a white shirt with badges just like the Police badges.
He stopped and asked if we wanted to go with him, then went off, then came back and again asked if we wanted to go to Olu Deniz.
He then followed us up the side road and kept driving up and down, then along road by apartments. We hastily went and got the men from the aparts and they apprehended him and gave him a talking to and he went off
about 10 mins later some more of our party returned and had had exactly the same experience
he gives the impression he is someone in authority when he pulls up beside because of the 'police shirt'

on another evening another man on a scooter was driving soooo slowly near us and really staring, its really unnerving

and on a 3rd occasion by the fruit market by taxi ranks 2 men behind us kept stopping when we stopped etc

we got taxis after this, but as its a 5 minute walk it was really annoying that we had to do this

be careful, they don't seem to care how many of you there are and on the 3rd occasion my tall teenage son was with us...

Offline Hayley_Lee

warning _ walking home
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 09:57:49 AM »
 :oOMG!! shocking!! I thought tourist were safe in Calis, i would never walk in the dark late at night anyway as i stay in Koca Calis, this is bad though. Glad the girls are safe!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
warning _ walking home
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 10:19:01 AM »
This is becoming a real worry, If every incident was reported the surely the police would take some notice, It worries me how many have gone without a mention, this should be taken seriously before something bad happens,

Offline sannyrut

warning _ walking home
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 11:22:47 AM »
I agree with laffa.Any such "encounter" is potentially extremely dangerous and the police should be informed of any incidents of that nature.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf