Author Topic: warning _ walking home  (Read 14610 times)

Offline KayteeLouise

warning _ walking home
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 21:33:58 PM »
this is very worrying.
me and my friend are back in turkey again.
We stay somewhere in fetiye but come to calis every night and get a taxi.
We often don't get a taxi till early morning.
Were make sure to be more careful this time.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
warning _ walking home
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 21:42:37 PM »
Just for extra safety, ask bar staff to arrange a taxi for you - they will use ones they know.

Offline pigeon

warning _ walking home
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 22:01:58 PM »
My wife said she has never felt afraid at night. In UK yes, but not in Calis or Fethiye.Is it really that bad [?] we wanted to get away from that. In UK walking from cinema to home was a no,no. In Fethiye,myself,wife and son felt safe at 2am.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
warning _ walking home
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 22:06:27 PM »
:(How sad is that Ken, like I say the authorities need to be notified and step in, this must be nipped in the bud sharpish. ;)

Offline teresa321

warning _ walking home
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 06:03:50 AM »
I am aware of one young lady who was approached at about 10am over a week ago as she went to work and (I believe) she crossed one of the smaller canal bridges in Calis.  One guy was masturbating while the other went up to her. Unfortunately she has not reported this incident to the police as she did not think they could do anything, which is a pity.

Offline amanda bullock

warning _ walking home
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 09:05:45 AM »
can this list not be printed out and shown to the police,they might step up their patrols or something?

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
warning _ walking home
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 17:05:58 PM »
 :o Sorry Teresa, but this is just not on, Do you think if you spoke to her she would change her mind,? Even if she sat in a police station all day,she should go, I know of a more serious incident last year that took place, the girl did go to the police but was no further action was taken, if everyone who is subject to this behaviour, or who witnesses it went, then they would have to take notice. I feel so incensed at reading this, it make me fear for the young naive girl who goes there for the first time, after being told how nice the people are and trusting the wrong one.

Offline heva

warning _ walking home
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 20:13:01 PM »
Something seriously needs to be done! Last summer There was a bunch of us girls who were always together, On 2 occassions I was groped  whilst just walking to where I was staying early evening and have been followed.
One night I was in the apart sleeping and was woken by banging on the door, my friend was hysterical to let her in. She had been follwed home and when she got in we looked out of the window and there was a man in the road just looking up at us! Very unsettling.

Like you Moe I know of something more serious involving an english girl which never went further than the police station.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
warning _ walking home
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 22:02:53 PM »
Heather, thats my point exactly,maybe we are talking about the same thing, but I would'nt like anyone to go through that traunatic experience, she has to live with that, not the person who went scot free.
I know there is the old chestnut that english girls get drunk and ask for trouble, but its not an excuse for a dog on heat to take advantage of this. So if anyone has had an experience like this please report it.

Offline lmaddy

warning _ walking home
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007, 08:02:49 AM »
The police were very good to our girls though I am not convinced that they were prepared to do something about it. I would urge any young girl to go to the police. Take a translator with you. Also if you are friendly with bar staff tell them - in the end their business will suffer so it's in their best interests to be vigilant.

Lorraine

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf