Author Topic: turkish sony ericson j100i  (Read 1391 times)

Offline eldestblade

• Barnsley, UK
turkish sony ericson j100i
« on: August 17, 2007, 14:40:53 PM »
was in calis 2weeks ago bought the above phone from and sim from turkcell.turned phone off,now its asking for pin number,but wasnt given 1 by turcell.its not 0000.if anyone in turkey has same phone and has pin could you please let me have it.my daughter goes to calis monday,so would like her to take it with here so i can keep in touch.thanx steve

Offline terjan

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 15:33:40 PM »
try 4321 that was set on my phone when i bought it good luck  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 15:35:46 PM »
Are you sure it's not the SIM card that the PIN is for?  I'm assuming it's a PAYG Hazir Kart you got and they have the SIM lock "on" as default.  The PIN is on the plastic card that the SIM came in; you need to scratch off the silver stuff over it to see it.

The default PIN for Sony Ericsson's is "0000" and the default setting is "off"; so unless you've activated by accident, AND changed the PIN, "0000" should work.

Sounds more like the SIM lock than the phone...

JF

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 21:54:24 PM »
I agree with John F it will be the sim lock pin that is required. It happened to me & once I had found the pin on the plastic card and entered it it worked fine. Then I set the phone security to ignore the sim lock.

One question I have is I bought a new phone & sim last week (Turkcell) when I activated the phone by dialing 8090 (I think) it gives you a message which activates whether you get English or Turkish speaking when you phone to top up etc. I pressed the wrong option does anyone know how I can change it? When I ring now all i get is Turkish speaking.
Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf