Author Topic: KDV (Vat)  (Read 4927 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
KDV (Vat)
« on: August 24, 2007, 05:05:30 AM »
As some of you will know in 2008 the Turkish Government is reducing KDV from 18% to 8% for tourism establishments. I could be an interesting exercise to make a note of one or two restaurant prices this year and see if they do actually get reduced next year....I wonder! 8)

Offline sominekebap

KDV (Vat)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 09:08:10 AM »
Could all be swallowed up though if this drought continues. The olive harvest is looking pretty grim and there's already talk of major price increases in olive oil. Once that goes up, it will have a knock on effect across the board.

Offline wickwilly

KDV (Vat)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 18:09:32 PM »
Have to agree with you there Our trees are not looking to overladen with olives. Last year we had 250 litres of oil. We will be lucky if we get 150 this year. Might have to put our prices up to 6 YTL a litre!!

WW

Offline sominekebap

KDV (Vat)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 18:16:22 PM »
I reckon it's gonna go higher than that this winter. And of course don't forget it'll snowball on everything else.

Remember with the hazelnuts and walnut harvest last year in Karadeniz where the growers were protesting about the low prices they were achieving to wholesalers. Turkey is gonna have to be careful - it could end up with some essential foodstuff pricing on par with the UK.

The average Turk household consumes a good 1-2 litres of olive oil every week. We get through 10 litres a week at the restaurant.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
KDV (Vat)
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 22:55:33 PM »
So if olive oil increases by say 10 YTL and a restauarant uses 10 litres a week I make that an increase of 100 YTL a week. Assuuming a Resturant has 50 customers a day ie 350 a week that works out at about approx one third of a YTL per customer to cover the increase (about 10p). If KDV tax is going to be more than halved, surely this will more than compensate for the rise in olive aoil prices. Or am I being too optimistic!

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
KDV (Vat)
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 04:58:16 AM »
It looks as though the excuses for not passing on the KDV reduction have already started.:(

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
KDV (Vat)
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 07:02:06 AM »
Stuart - I really like your approach and I agree with your calculation.

However the downside is - you must be an accountant or a bank manager :D

Ian

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
KDV (Vat)
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 09:53:19 AM »
What's an accountant got in common with a sperm ?

Only one in a million have got a chance of being a human !

Offline sominekebap

KDV (Vat)
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 10:34:27 AM »
I am not being pessimistic just relaying what generally happens towards the end of each year. If there's any feasible reductions then prices will be reviewed.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
KDV (Vat)
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »
Much like Chips & Potatoes  8) Chip prices are Always Increased, when the price of Potatoes rises.....: :)  But I've Never seen the price Reduced  :o when the price of Potatoes falls again....:P

:o What goes up, doesn't always come back down again :( ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf