Author Topic: Car dump at Dalaman  (Read 8112 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 16:13:49 PM »
I have no idea why this topic is running under this heading but while we are here please can you explain the procedure you went through to get your retirement car into the country in the first place and did you have to pay a very large bond to keep it here?

Offline walker9

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 16:22:07 PM »
we only had car here for a year on UK plates so no bond was required. We had no problems keeping it as was done officially at Dalaman customs

Offline JackieandJess

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2012, 06:57:19 AM »
Hi,was this done recently? we have just tried to do the extention of another 6 months and were refused.Was told at the last minute at Dalaman...New law from Jan.. No RHD allowed. My auntie is so upset.Last week she went to Dlm with a translater in tow to ask what was needed to get the extention..All a waste time and money,had  pension paper translated and notarised and a medical!!Armed with all this she returned to Dlm yesterday.Why ask for all this, if they already knew the change in rules!!We are totally confused.The only option now is to drive the car out of Turkey or sell but only have a few days!! It has to be out by 21st.Can anyone give us advice? thanks  
quote:
Originally posted by walker9

we only had car here for a year on UK plates so no bond was required. We had no problems keeping it as was done officially at Dalaman customs

Offline walker9

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 08:16:28 AM »
We had in done last year, car was extended till end of March this year, we have recently brought a motorbike in from UK to import permanently and when we went to Dalaman to get the forms they mis-understood and thought we wanted an extention and set about doing it until we corrected them so dont know why you had a problem.

Offline JackieandJess

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »
Maybe its different with a motorbike with not having RHD? Also your extention on the car was done before the January rule.
quote:
Originally posted by walker9

We had in done last year, car was extended till end of March this year, we have recently brought a motorbike in from UK to import permanently and when we went to Dalaman to get the forms they mis-understood and thought we wanted an extention and set about doing it until we corrected them so dont know why you had a problem.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:33:50 AM by JackieandJess »

Offline starman™

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 13:41:39 PM »
As far as I am aware, the importation of vehicles rule has not changed for years. Although I am no longer in that sector so I maybe a bit out of date but according to Turkish Turing association, the rules are the same.
If you want to keep your vehicle here for more than 6 months you can, provided you fall in to the mavi karne rules.
Link below for info.
http://www.turing.org.tr/eng/mavikarne.asp

I have been down this road before, it is just not worth it unless your sponsor is going to pay for it all.

Offline JackieandJess

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 06:55:19 AM »
Had to dump the car at Dalaman. No RHD cars allowed in Turkey on a long term basis!!!
quote:
Originally posted by starmanTM

As far as I am aware, the importation of vehicles rule has not changed for years. Although I am no longer in that sector so I maybe a bit out of date but according to Turkish Turing association, the rules are the same.
If you want to keep your vehicle here for more than 6 months you can, provided you fall in to the mavi karne rules.
Link below for info.
http://www.turing.org.tr/eng/mavikarne.asp

I have been down this road before, it is just not worth it unless your sponsor is going to pay for it all.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:58:36 AM by JackieandJess »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf