Author Topic: ADSL rates  (Read 3596 times)

Offline tora

ADSL rates
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 14:01:43 PM »
Blummin' heck!
What is their reasoning for most of them? Is facebook one of them do you know?

Offline brianthegardener

ADSL rates
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 16:00:20 PM »
No Tora....Face book is working fine here in Turkey:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
ADSL rates
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 16:58:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tora

Blummin' heck!
What is their reasoning for most of them? Is facebook one of them do you know?

In fairness a proportion of them are adult sites, but some major gambling sites (such as Betfair.com) are also blocked, and some like YouTube that contain anti-Turkish content.

Some of the bans have been very widespread - Geocities is the home of many home pages, and one was anti-Turkish as I understand it - but thousands of innocent personal websites have gone. I was trying to find out where Midsomer Murders is filmed for a Turkish friend who watches it on Hallmark, Google search brought up a MM info site - but it's on Geocities and I was greeted by the Turkish Government's block page and message.

For what it's worth I agree with the reasons for the blocking of YouTube, having seen for myself some of the vile Anti-Turkish content available (and totally unmoderated) - but it does seem to have become an epidemic.

As one Turkish internet expert working in the USA put it, with one of the best sayings I've heard in a long time, "When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail".

Offline tora

ADSL rates
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 21:03:55 PM »
It was in the national newspapers over here about the fact you tube had been banned.I have to say i agree with itit is a pity we aren't a bit tougher in this country.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf