Author Topic: Skype phone  (Read 7676 times)

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Skype phone
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 16:47:28 PM »
does anyone know if it is possible to by one with a Turkish number for use here in the UK then family in Turkey can dial it thinking it is a local Turkish number? (Scunner's post of 09/02/08 in reverse)

Janet

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Skype phone
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 17:02:38 PM »
Not possible that way Janet, Turkey doesn't feature in Skype subscription countries for that. What they could do is set up skype here in Turkey, and call UK numbers for about 1.1p a minute (or set up the unlimited calls to UK for £1.95 per month).

I understand what you are asking for, and actually the unlimited calls to UK would be cheaper.

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Skype phone
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 17:05:02 PM »
i have a skype in number that cost the people in the uk that phone me they think it is a london number and they get charged at a local rate and the answerphone service they supply cost me £35-00 a year and of coure if both partys are using it it's free of charge anyway
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 17:09:53 PM by ECHOSTAR »

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Skype phone
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 17:33:56 PM »
thanks for the reply Scunner but I don't think that would work as they don't have a computer.  I'm just trying to find someway to reduce our telephone bill as my husband rings his family - both landline and mobile - all the time and it costs us a fortune.  Any suggestions?  At present we use one of the cheap access phone numbers

Janet

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Skype phone
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 18:01:14 PM »
I know what you are trying to find  :)

Check this one out (I have no idea on quality etc): http://www.planet-numbers.co.uk/phone_turkey.jsp

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Skype phone
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 18:01:46 PM »
I have been ringing our Turkish mobile with 'skype out' (you have to load credit via skype) and it costs 12.1p per minute (not that cheap - I can ring my son on his Thai mobile for half the cost). However if you have a paypal account I have just found out that you can pay via paypal (go through paypal offers) and you will get 17% cash back into your paypal account. So for the 11.50 minimum top up you will get £1.95 back - worth it if you use 'skype out' a lot.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Skype phone
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 18:11:04 PM »
I just found this site which lists the companies with the cheapest calls to anywhere in the world. Just put in where you want to ring and then choose mobile or land line and it will list the best for you. Then click on the company of your choice and you can get an access number - or you can just use the access number shown at the side of the company on the first page (no need to click on the company unless you want t&c's). Turkey land line for 1.5p per min and mobile for 7p per min.

Worth the hassle?

http://www.loiol.co.uk/cheapphonecalls/Country/Landline/United%20Kingdom/Turkey/find.do
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 18:13:00 PM by stoop »

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Skype phone
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 18:31:56 PM »
thanks Stoop and Scunner - this is the system we already use but these rates are slightly better - should save us a few bob

Janet

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Skype phone
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 01:34:14 AM »
Janet
if your family have a landline then calls by you to them can be free & possibly vice versa (dependant on person having access to a computer) www.nonoh.net.

They let you make some free calls (I think up to about an hour in total- limited to about 5 min. a call) - once you use these up then to get unlimited - no time restrictions - free calls for 4 months it costs you 10 Euros (actually 12.5 once you pay tax etc.) Once the free 120 days are up then you can start using the 10 Euros up - the credit doesn't expire.

It's not only Turkish landlines that are free - it's calls to other countries too eg. US, Singapore, Australia, lots of places in Europe etc. etc.. Turkish mobiles unfortunately are charged at 7.5p per minute.

MIGHT now be worth you lot in Turkey looking at as it seems calls between landlines in Turkey might be free using this system too. Can't be bad at 30 Euros for 12 months calls virtually worldwide - if you have a landline & computer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf