Author Topic: Hi CBF Members  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Heather Davis

Hi CBF Members
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 09:11:27 AM »
Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for your warm welcome to CBF. Yes, I'm sure to live in Turkey full time must be wonderful and as for the future, who knows?....

Having only finished work last year and having three daughters and two grandchildren and a home in the UK the six months in Turkey and six months in the UK idea seems like a good starting point.

Where abouts are you living Brian and how long have you been in Turkey for? It would be nice to think we may bump into each other at some point but as there is no pic of you on the forum I will have to rely on you recognising me!

Very best wishes to you and one again thank you.

Heather.

quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum. There is only one thing better than spending six months here......and that is to live here!:D

Offline Heather Davis

Hi CBF Members
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 09:21:55 AM »
Hi Ian,

Thank you for your warm welcome to CBF. Yes I guess I could go around the world in eighty days but having done quite a bit of world travelling I think I will be content to spend some time in my new abode in Turkey. More than content in fact!....

I did consider buying in my two other favourite locations, the south of France and Umbria in Italy but in the end Turkey won out.

You too must be looking forward to September of this year? Do you already have somewhere in Turkey or are you considering buying? Anyway I'm sure we will see each other at some time and recognise each other from our profile pics.

Very best wishes to you and your wife with your plans for spending more time in Turkey. And thank you once again for your welcome post.

Heather.

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Heather - welcome to the forum - I am sure you will learn lots of useful things on here.

We too are looking to spend 6 months in Fethiye and 6 months in the UK from September next year - it seems a nice safe balance to me and you should look forward to each half of the year for different and varied reasons.

80 days - well you lucky thing - you realise you could go around the world in 80 days!  :)

Ian

Offline Heather Davis

Hi CBF Members
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 09:31:59 AM »
Hi Abby,

Many thank's for your warm welcome to CBF it's very much appreciated. I am so looking forward to spending time in beautiful Fethiye. Do you spend much time in Turkey yourself?

I'm glad you thought my intro was ok I was a little concerned it was too long as many people only seem to write a few lines.

I hope we will get to know each other in time although I'm not sure I would recognise you from your profile pic if we bumped into each other!....

Once again, many thank's and very best wishes from,

Heather.

quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

Hi Heather

I loved your intro, gave a little more of an insight. Congrats on your purchase and with your impending stay out there.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Hi CBF Members
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 13:55:39 PM »
Heather - we (Gill and myself) have an apartment in Fethiye not far from the Otogar and predominantly a Turkish area.

We are within easy walking distance of Brian and Ann (Tribalelder).

We are not coming over for a long stay until Sept 09 when we will come for 10 months and then summers in Turkey and Winters in UK thereafter.

However we have something to look forward to this year as we are getting married in Fethiye in late May!

Hope you have many years of relaxation and pleasure in your new home.

Ian & Gill

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Hi CBF Members
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 14:09:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Heather Davis

Hi Puma,

Thank you for your welcome post. I too feel very lucky to at last have time to please myself a little more and spend some time in beautiful Fethiye.

I promise, I really will appreciate my time there. Do you get over to Turkey quite often?

Best Wishes,

i come over 5-6 times a year holidays allowing,i would love to come over longer but need to hang on here in the old country for a few years more:-\

Heather.

quote:
Originally posted by puma

hi and welcome congrats on your new place in the sun
i'm so jealous that you can spend that much time in turkey

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Hi CBF Members
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 14:14:40 PM »

Trust me you don't see many beauties like me around town. :D

Only really get out once a year for 3 weeks at a time but may get out in April this year as a well deserved bonus. I liked your intro as it was full of information and just opened the door on a member a little further than the usual hello.  :)

Offline Heather Davis

Hi CBF Members
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 20:38:37 PM »
Hi Ian and Gill,

Many, many congratulations on your forthcoming marriage in April. I hope all your plans run smoothly and that you have a wonderful wedding day and a fantastic life together.

Many thanks also for your good wishes. I hope I'll bump into you both sometime.

Warmest wishes,

Heather.

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Heather - we (Gill and myself) have an apartment in Fethiye not far from the Otogar and predominantly a Turkish area.

We are within easy walking distance of Brian and Ann (Tribalelder).

We are not coming over for a long stay until Sept 09 when we will come for 10 months and then summers in Turkey and Winters in UK thereafter.

However we have something to look forward to this year as we are getting married in Fethiye in late May!

Hope you have many years of relaxation and pleasure in your new home.

Ian & Gill

Offline Heather Davis

Hi CBF Members
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 20:44:23 PM »
Thank You Abby,

I will look forward to catching up with you sometime in the future. If you see me around be sure to say hello :)

Very best wishes from,

Heather.

quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

Trust me you don't see many beauties like me around town. :D

Only really get out once a year for 3 weeks at a time but may get out in April this year as a well deserved bonus. I liked your intro as it was full of information and just opened the door on a member a little further than the usual hello.  :)

Offline ronzk1

Hi CBF Members
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 22:25:07 PM »
Hi Heather welcome to the forum. We have just bought a new house just across from the Tansas supermarket, behind the opet filling station, so we must be fairly close to each other. We are coming over for our first holiday on 20th april, then coming back in June, July, September and October. Maybe we will bump into each other!!

Offline Heather Davis

Hi CBF Members
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 13:35:06 PM »
Hi Ronnie,

That sounds great! Why not put a pic of yourself on the forum so that we will recognize each other. Failing that, hopefully you will recognize me!

I am so looking forward to spending time in beautiful Fethiye and I'm sure that you both are too?

I do hope we can meet up some time and say hello. Warmest wishes from,

Heather.

quote:
Originally posted by ronzk1

Hi Heather welcome to the forum. We have just bought a new house just across from the Tansas supermarket, behind the opet filling station, so we must be fairly close to each other. We are coming over for our first holiday on 20th april, then coming back in June, July, September and October. Maybe we will bump into each other!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf