Author Topic: turkish baths  (Read 3700 times)

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
turkish baths
« on: March 17, 2008, 15:16:36 PM »
Hi all, I'm out with my two sisters in june, i've always fancied trying a turkish bath,,thought it would be nice for us to go, I know there is one in paspatur, is it the done thing for women to go to them, Bee

Offline GrantT

turkish baths
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 15:47:28 PM »
The old one by Fethiye harbour (near Megri)has separate mens and womens. Only used the mens obviously but it's the best one I've had. I'm sure you would enjoy it.

Offline hubblebubbles

turkish baths
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 17:12:51 PM »
Tried the old turkish bath in the Paspatur but wouldnt recommend it I went with a friend and they used the same water and mitt on both of us  but It was my first visit to a Hamam so wasnt sure of the procedure!! Think you are better off in one of the bigger hotels.The Sea Breeze in Ovacik can be recommended but having a Hamam is a wonderful experience so go for it wherever you choose.Dont be bashful tho we started off in swimsuits but as the turkish ladies all stripped off so did we ...didnt want to let the side down .

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
turkish baths
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 17:37:02 PM »
The one on the Industrial Estate(Saniye)in Fethiye is very good. Not too touristy.

Take the road between the Oludeniz Restaurant and the canal, opposite the Otogar. It's about 150 metres on the left. They also do an optional full-body oil massage.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
turkish baths
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 20:04:52 PM »
Hi there,
I have had a couple at the Oyken Hotel in Calis and one at a hotel in Hisaranou they were all lovely, also had a massage at the Hisaronau place which was lovely, and had a face mask and massage at the Oyken which cost £5 and was fantastic my skin was glowing after!
Not sure about the stripping off bit though I kept my bikini on!
Also if you have a Turkish bath at the beginning of your holiday, there is no doubt about it your tan lasts much longer.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
turkish baths
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 20:07:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by DerekandKaren

Not sure about the stripping off bit though I kept my bikini on!

Thanks for the info Derek

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
turkish baths
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 20:26:31 PM »
Ha Ha Scunner that gave me a good laugh for a dreary Monday night in Blighty it is Karen!!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
turkish baths
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 20:41:50 PM »
 :)I thought Tinx had started a trend. ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
turkish baths
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 22:27:40 PM »
get one before you get a tan it all gets rubbed off
the tan i mean

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
turkish baths
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 09:18:04 AM »
Been to the one in paspatur a few times and its been great each time. Cant understand the thing about the water though as its constantly running and therefore being changed. they do use the same scrubby thing though but by the time theyre scrubbing I've usually lost the will with all the slapping around and pummelling! Of course the ones in hotels are likely to be smarter but the one in Fethiye is an original so it feels more like the real thing rather than a visit to the 'salon'
Besides, its just up the road from Cafe Oley and so very handy for a lovely coffee afterwards!
Enjoy!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf