Author Topic: turkish baths  (Read 3698 times)

Offline GrantT

turkish baths
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 10:02:29 AM »
I would make sure you agree a price in the one near the Otogar before you go in. We were completely ripped off. Even the guy taking the money looked surprised when the other one told him how much to charge, then we heard him whisper that we were English. Apart from that it was rubbish compared to the old one by the harbour.

Offline sunlover

turkish baths
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 10:26:39 AM »
Hi,

We have used the Turkish baths at the Oykun twice, it,s lovely and clean and you certainly keep your bits covered!!!!!!

If you look at there website you can see the pictures of there turkish baths on it..

We only paid £5pp, and make sure you have it done at the beginning of the holiday so you will keep your tan..

Enjoy, whichever one you choose,

sunlover

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
turkish baths
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 15:10:55 PM »
Just thought it might be worth posting this link
http://arseaboutfez.blogspot.com/
Even though this amusing blog appears on a separate thread its worth noting the very witty write up about visiting a Hamam/Turksih Bath. Although some of it is exagerated for comedic effect I think its bang on! It may give newbies an idea of what to expect and how to behave. Well worth a read and well worth a visit!

Offline maxinel1410

turkish baths
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 16:03:28 PM »
Cavfan, that article is excellent, thank you. I've just read it and the tears have been running down my face with laughter.  I am holidaying in June to Fethiye with a friend who has never been to Turkey before and she is keen to try a Turkish bath - somehow  my description was not nearly as eloquent!  Not sure whether to show her before we visit, or after!!!!   By the way I too like the baths in the old town, feels more 'authentic'. However have not had a bad Turkish bath yet wherever i've been to.

Offline Lindar

turkish baths
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 19:54:39 PM »
Really funny Cavfan. Had Turkish bath in March at some hotel in Fethiye, can't remember the name of but was recommended to us, cost £20 each! Were we ripped off as English tourists or what? seemed like a fair price cos had no idea of cost. Staying at the Oykun in May so will definately get one at the start of hols to help the tan and at only £5 each that sounds a hell of alot more reasonable. Can't wait, a really gruelling but ultimately satisfying and purifying experience!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
turkish baths
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 20:14:38 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it but its down to Colwyn that we have found this blog at all. Well worth bookmarking as the 'blogger' is a very witty chap!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
turkish baths
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 19:51:16 PM »
We paid £10 for the Turkish bath at the Oyken and £5 for the face mask maybe it is £5 for the bath in low season.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
turkish baths
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 20:57:51 PM »
how much is the one in Paspatur?

Offline turkeylad

turkish baths
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 21:09:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KayaKoyuOldBoy

The one on the Industrial Estate(Saniye)in Fethiye is very good. Not too touristy.

Take the road between the Oludeniz Restaurant and the canal, opposite the Otogar. It's about 150 metres on the left. They also do an optional full-body oil massage.

your right one of the Turkish Baths in the area and in winter months much cheaper than most.

Offline lisac

• Coventry, UK
turkish baths
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 07:53:11 AM »
How long to they normally take going in september with hubby, daughter,mum and dad and they are staying at the okyun could leave littlun with dad and grandad and go with me mum x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf