Author Topic: beach clean up  (Read 12828 times)

Offline Heather Davis

beach clean up
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 03:33:20 AM »
With Mr Tinx permission in place, I would like to say what a great idea Keith and so logical! Any ideas on how to set this great plan in motion?.....

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
beach clean up
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 08:32:13 AM »
I can do logical  :)

Yes, to set this "great plan" in motion, I have asked one restaurant to do it and see if others follow on. I won't say which one because generally if I do, and they don't bother then it is my fault :D

Just like the beach cleaning machine, which was mentioned during the local ex-pat/authorities question and answer evening we organised. It didn't happen and it's "where is the beach cleaning machine Scunner told us was coming" [:o]

I didn't say anything about it, I just organised the event!

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
beach clean up
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »
Yeah that all very well Keith, but what about this beach cleaning machine you promised us!! 8)

Offline mikew

beach clean up
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 16:56:23 PM »
Has anyone noticed how clean the beach area is around the Sat restaurant? The owners have obviously thought Mr S's idea a good one. Theres even a shower too! Dont tell everyone though, its a well kept secret!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
beach clean up
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 17:03:11 PM »
Ah but have they got flowery borders?

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
beach clean up
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 19:16:12 PM »
Scunners plan in my opinion has every chance of working. (He seems to be getting pretty good with ideas of late  ;)).It will surely only take one bar to put a bit more effort in to start the ball rolling.We used a bar in Icemeler which was at the far end of the beach,it was named Kapil Deniz (excuse spelling),and there was plenty going on and it was all down to the staff.(not sure about the plantpots)Obvoiusly the sandy beach was an advantage.Tourism as stated in many press reports is expected to be up in Turkey this year,owing to the weak euro so the bars,especially on the promenade should bear these ideas in mind.

Badger  8)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
beach clean up
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 19:29:57 PM »
I bet Falcon would be up for keeping the beach in front of Bambu in good order, and if he does, it's where we will go.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 19:32:22 PM by Rimms »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
beach clean up
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 19:48:53 PM »
Ok you win  :)

Yes, Falcon subscribes to the plan - and as he says, it's a couple of hours to get it done initially, and 10 minutes a day for two blokes (who are being paid anyway) to keep it that way.

Definitely it will be our place on the prom, it would have anyway but if the kids can play on the beach without fear of being cut by discarded Efes bottles, it makes one hell of a difference to us.

Offline phil green

beach clean up
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 20:26:17 PM »
george at the orient was also saying last week they would be cleaning there part of the beach up,he says they have got to be carfull what they do with the grass area because it could result in them geting a fine of the council!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
beach clean up
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 20:29:23 PM »
How about a new topic - Promenade Bars & Restaurants that will be looking after their part of the beach?

Would be very interesting and I bet will move more to doing so.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf