Author Topic: beach clean up  (Read 12829 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
beach clean up
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2008, 22:18:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by badger

Hiya Mo
        How are the revamped shops/bars towards the beach looking[?]

Regards  Badge   :)

Hi Badge, not quite finished but it will look alot better when it is, a pity Dawn Beach Bar have lost there best waiter to The Harem though, someone did say he's selling the aparts aswell as the hotel, but dont know how true it is,  ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
beach clean up
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2008, 22:21:39 PM »
laffa the bar and 24 apartments  for sale, i asked when i took my nets to the launderette

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
beach clean up
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2008, 09:27:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by badger

Heather
        Maybe you could patrol the beach armed with a Tazer gun and if anyone drops a scrap of litter let them have it :D

Seriouly -   More signage,mesh bins would help, but the input from the bars/restaurants would in my opinion really help.When there are plenty of customers using the facilities of the bars which make an effort the less popular bars might wake- up and get more trade.

Badger, I'm not happy with the first suggestion you made about Heather being armed with a tazer as she is my neighbour and I don't fancy being on the reeiving end of one!
Pete  ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
beach clean up
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2008, 17:11:44 PM »
 :)So it is true Puma, what a pity I liked it in there to watch the match, I was'nt sure if it was a rumour (you know what its like) as we were offered to rent one of the aparts at a very good price,
Agree with BADGE, there should be more signs and meshed baskets in place, even if they were placed on the inside of the beach wall and did'nt look obvious, ;)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
beach clean up
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2008, 15:26:55 PM »
I noticed a good beach rubbish control system while on a recent break in Portugal.
They had simple metal or wooden posts which were driven into the beach surface or free standing on bases with frames at the top which held 4 heavy duty bin bags open.
Each bag was of a different colour and there was a illustration of which rubbish was to go into which bag for recycling.
The problem of cigarette ends was dealt with by plastic cones, approximately the size of a large wafer ice cream cone,which had a hinged 'click lock' lid on the top. There were even two cut outs on the rim to park cigarettes.
The idea was that smokers pushed the cone into the beach surface, next to where they lay, using it as an ash tray.
The cones were collected from dispensers in the same way that you pull a plastic or paper cup from a water cooler and they were reusable.
The cones had the 'Vodafone Portugal' name and motif on them so were presumably provided by that firm or put in place with some financial backing from them.
Neither of these systems detracted from the appearance of the beach,in fact the bin liners were a nice splash of colour.
The system obviously needs regular maintenance but for Calis the bags for the metal cans and plastic bottles would be welcomed by the local recyclers and probably not require anyone else to empty them.
It seems to work in the area of Portugal we were in.
Could it work in Calis?

Offline busybee

beach clean up
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2008, 20:36:22 PM »
Yesterday noticed pots placed between the sun beds, presumed for cigarette buts-just hope folk will use them. Wrought iron stands with menu's on at each eating place in the market today.  My we are getting posh.

Offline heatherhanum

beach clean up
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2008, 09:37:15 AM »
Hi Pete I didnt make the comment about the Tazer gun but I like the idea. John The beach was better in parts. We had a lovely time in Calis in April but it wasnt warm enough to go on the beach, so we did mor sight seeing. We go again in June but I think we miss you as we are out there on 2nd till 22nd. I hope you and your lovely wife are well.
Take care
Love
Heather xxx

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
beach clean up
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2008, 09:59:37 AM »
John H

I agree about the beaches in Portugal - they are wonderful. However I do believe they have had much of OUR money thrown at them due to the EEC and sponsorship. You also get a good telling off from the beach attendants if you try and leave your rubbish.

Oludeniz beach is pretty clean so I guess it can be done.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf