Author Topic: Anybody from newcastle or sunderland areas?  (Read 2475 times)

Offline mutlusandra

Anybody from newcastle or sunderland areas?
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 16:26:39 PM »
Hy Susi and Bybell
Spent many years living washington, my mother still lives there. Sadly my father died in august after long illnes. moved away from ne in 1990 to bristol, then on to london for 14 years but still have a strong twang at times. I have had a place here for 7 years, moved to gunlukbasi 2 years ago with partner.  family has now grown to 3 dogs and 3 cats. there is a sign on the gate saying no vacancies!

Offline Bybell

• Newcastle, UK
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 16:42:46 PM »
We often shop in Gunlukbasi, Sandra.  At the little supermarket and we also bought our patio furniture a few doors away (and rode back on the back of the truck with it!).  You're not near the Sunday Market, are you?  We usually go to the little cafe about 100m from it (name on tip of tongue).

Harry

Offline Susi

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 16:47:35 PM »
Hi. Mutlusandra,  
Susi and I hope to spend more time in Calis, in a few years.
Only holidays at the moment, but we love it :)
We dont have cats or dogs, as we work, and its not fair on an animal.
We have 2 cats next door who come and visit on a regular basis, think its for food and not our company, just like calis where there are loads of strays.

Offline mutlusandra

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 17:17:19 PM »
hy Bybell No we are in the cheap area of gunlukbasi 2 mins from police station. When we got our first sofa for our first apartment My partner rode on the back of a truck sat on the sofa as there was no room in the front. Haha i remember it well, he has never been the same since!

Offline mutlusandra

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 17:23:00 PM »
Hy Susi Once you get here perminately i am sure a kitty or pouch will come knocking. if you love calis for the beach have you been to yaniklar, wonderful, empty, mostly sandy, wonderful sunsets and one small very friendly cafe. small lake near by with a wooded area. You can get there by bus with a small walk or by car.

Offline Firo

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 19:42:45 PM »
Born in Durham, spent my early years in Chester-le-Stree, Felling, back to Chester-le-Street, Middlesbrough etc etc, the past year and foreseable future in Uzumlu.  Avid Sunderland fan.

Eric

Offline cathy h

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 20:18:49 PM »
Hi there, born in Sunderland, moved to Durham around 25 years ago, and then to Fethiye nearly 2 years ago. Other half is Scottish, but move to Sunderland in 1971. Love it here in Fethiye (Tasyaka). Cathy

Offline mutlusandra

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 06:39:43 AM »
Hy firo I am honoured to meet the black cats fan!
Only joking! my old boss in wimbledon was a fan and did he morn the leaving of philips! I had to give him tea and sympthy for weeks. I too lived in felling ,just off sunderland rd near king edward st. and them streets were hilly and cobbled! then moved to shiney row, as you can tell i liked rough areas.Nice to meet you!

Offline mutlusandra

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 06:48:24 AM »
Hy cathy
yes I know what you mean about tasyaka, our second apartment is there, we had the best turkish neighbours in the world. On the corner of 177 and 186 sokak. A big yellow and gray block, we built the pagoda at the back of the garden and planted all the grapes and banana trees. we were one of the first brits in that area and they though we were mad diging the rouble out of the building site of a garden in the midday sun. turkish people use to come and watch and have a good laugh at us trying to garden the english way, all in good homour, they taught me a lot! bless tasyaka!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf