Author Topic: Golf in or near Fethiye  (Read 2504 times)

Offline bogof

Golf in or near Fethiye
« on: April 18, 2008, 20:56:22 PM »
Can anyone advise on the nearest existing courses & what is planned in the near future ?

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Golf in or near Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 23:58:41 PM »
Try a search, It's been done to death.
Ken:D

Offline KarenM

Golf in or near Fethiye
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kenkay

Try a search, It's been done to death.
Ken:D

I am a long standing member of this forum but do not comment very often but just have to say something this time - Ken, as a reply to a new member that was very blunt and not at all helpful!  Just goes to show that some of the comments made on here about it being a very clicky site (ie if you are not in the "in" crowd) are true!

Maybe the subject has been done to death but there are a hell of a lot of topics to sift through as a new member, same too if you haven't been on for a while (and I know I can use Active topics), but also as a new member that person may not have fully known about the search option - there are ways and means of replying you know.

No offence meant of course!
KarenM

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Golf in or near Fethiye
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 13:37:41 PM »
Karen,

I take you point - a apart from the wide off the mark comment about his site being 'very clicky! (cliquey?).

Who are this 'in crowd' you mention?

Stoop

ps - Ken,

That was  bit blunt to a first timer IMO.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Golf in or near Fethiye
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 13:46:13 PM »
Golf course in Sarigarme is supposed to be ready 2009, the constructors hit a problem so not open this year, then they may hit another problem and it will be 2010, who knows, Sarigarme between Dalaman and Dalyan. there is a construction company website, I dont have to hand at the moment.

Bodrum, Vita Park, top class site in construction, small part of the course is open, google Vita Park.this one is a bit pricey. there are also a few others in the Tuzla Lake area of Bodrum.

Belek, take your pick!  now over 13 to choose from.

Offline BabaYard

Golf in or near Fethiye
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 13:52:04 PM »
I emailed the construction company responsible for the golf course in Sarigarme, and was told it 'should' be ready in April 2009. The delay is due to 'lack of fund's' In other words, they are struggling to sell the associated properties on the complex which is not at all surprising in the current economic climate. I too live in hope, as I have recently taken up golf would love to have a game or two whilst out there.

Offline KarenM

Golf in or near Fethiye
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 14:36:29 PM »
Hi all

Stoop, comment was not directed at anyone in particular and sorry as this reply is probably going to ramble on as I struggle to express myself but ....  As I mentioned I have been a member of the forum for many (many) years, back to the times of previous forum etc. and I just know that over that time various comments have been made, from various people, about not feeling fully part of the in-crowd and that it is mainly the same group of people who reply/feedback all the time.

I myself have read topics where someone has asked a question/started a new topic and it has either been ignored or answered by 1 person in that they don't know the answer but that maybe someone will, and then that has gone on to be used as a discussion between friends over when they are meeting up, who is buying the next beer etc. and the original question is all but forgotten about so no answer is forthcoming.

As I said I do not want to cause offence, I choose to take a background part of the forum and only contribute from time to time but I do love to read what is going on and who is doing what and also get some very useful information.  

I just wanted to point out that sometimes people can be a bit quick to think that we all come on the site numerous times a day and forget to see and be accordinly helpful, when someone is new or needs advice.

KarenM - gosh 2 posts in one day (must be a first for well over a year)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Golf in or near Fethiye
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 19:57:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KarenM

I have been a member of the forum for many (many) years, back to the times of previous forum etc.
KarenM

This is the ORIGINAL forum, maybe you are getting this one mixed up with the many imposters.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Golf in or near Fethiye
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 00:19:43 AM »
KarenM (& Stoop) You might think that it was a blunt reply but I do not. Everybody who knows me will tell you that I'm not blunt :D:D:D. At least I tempered it with a big beaming smilie. It is true that it has been "done to death" and a suggested search was the best response :D
Ken :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf