Author Topic: Beach clean  (Read 5237 times)

Offline STEVErx

Beach clean
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 17:43:01 PM »
i will pick litter up when we come hows that.guys ha ha

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Beach clean
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 17:59:20 PM »
Scruffiness invariably entices Scruffiness, A beach is a tourism pull for any resort, the revenue from the beach is enough to ensure cleanliness throughout the season.  A clean and well run beach is, or could be a licence to print money.

Revenue from a successful, well organised and run resort benefits everyone, potential to increase employment, also encouraging more holiday makers to return year after year.

It is OK for many of the bars to say they are going to try to implement something for their own frontage, good for them, but this is not good enough, this is just letting the council off the hook again.  

Well done to the carnival committee for ensuring that the "beach" issue is deemed to be high profile in the local council eyes.  Maybe Ali Bozkurt could have the relevance of a clean and well kept resort translated to him, and he could relay this to the council.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Beach clean
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 18:05:46 PM »
and would the Beledyie expect us to sponsor again next year Keith?[:o)]

It alright us sitting here bemoaning the state of the beach it's another thing asking us to pay for the privelage.
It's time the powers that be realise just how much potential Calis has and fund it accordingly.:(

Offline Pi55y

Beach clean
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 20:01:46 PM »
Here's some pictures from this mornings beach clean.

1. Whilst we were cleaning the beach we noticed the first Caretta Caretta of the summer so we roped him in to help :D

Tommy Turtle and others ready for action.

Various volunteers helping out.

6. Tommy finds broken glass!!!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Beach clean
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 20:09:50 PM »
 :)anne, I agree with you totally, if they see these people doing it year in year out they will never pull their finger out.

Offline busybee

Beach clean
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 21:08:31 PM »
I am a resident here and would willingly donate a small amount per month say 10 lira to ensure that the beach was clean and safe.  If my maths is correct it would only need another 11 people to do the same and hey bingo a clean beach to be proud of.  I know its the resposibility of the Belediye but wheels grind slowly here.  When I have children staying here I tend to steer them clear of the beach cos of the broken glass:(

Offline MagicalGarden

Beach clean
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 21:37:57 PM »
Maybe the picture of Tommy Turtle and the broken glass should be sent with a danger warning to the Belediye, Mayor and all the local English and Turkish papers. Shame them into doing something.

Maybe get a few childen to hand the picture to the Mayor infront of the  local papers. Asking for their beach to be made safe and clean.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 21:40:21 PM by MagicalGarden »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Beach clean
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 05:55:35 AM »
Probably the best idea I have read on this subject.....I am sure you have got some spare kiddiwinks who could become stars for the day Elaine. :)[^]

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Beach clean
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 06:32:51 AM »
Pi55Y, you have not 'struck a nerve!'. While it is very laudable that you and your frieds collected so much rubbish from the beach yesterday, you have no right to suggest that you 'make people guilty'. How do you know that the only rubbish collected from the beach is when you do it?
Pete [?]

Offline Tiff

Beach clean
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 07:43:55 AM »
How come there is not a problem at Oludeniz beach???
And I am sorry to say this as charming and wonderful a nation that they are they are very messy people just look at the picnic areas ! Also I cannot count the number of times I have seen people just throw rubbish into the street or from thier cars while driving along.I agree that it is a municipal problem and all the businesses who moan about the poor numbers of tourists coming to Calis should march on the Belediye OR the Belediye should take a tip from France and apportion sections of the beach to the variopus restaurants who will provide their own sunbeds and parasols and make a charge to use their particular facility .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf