Author Topic: Building Works Near Oykun Hotel?  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Sophidog

« on: April 23, 2008, 16:41:10 PM »
Some friends have been advised by their travel agent that there are works ongoing near the Oykun but will be suspended over the summer period. We are also due there early June for two weeks and wondered whether the works will affect access etc.
We usually head towards the beach/restaurants or to the water taxis, but are concerned as our friends have been offered a swap of hotels.
Can anyone let us know the position/extent of the works please?

Tom B

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Building Works Near Oykun Hotel?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 16:57:16 PM »
The works I think they refer to are new private properties being built adjacent to the Oykun (so parallel to it in relation to the sea). Heavy construction will be as good as finished soon, certainly before June - and it is a part of town where all works should be suspended for the season anyway.

What this normally means is that you may see quiet trades working (tilers and the like) but nothing noisy.

Offline Sophidog

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 17:05:47 PM »
Thank you Scunner, put my mind at rest; been coming to Calis since mid-1990s and am looking forward to being there soon.

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 09:31:51 AM »
I'm glad about that, we arrive at Oykun on 13 June

Offline blueclad

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 16:51:28 PM »
thanks for the info Scunner ive just retired  early from the construction  industry. we arrive @Oykun 2nd june for 3 weeks put my mind at rest

Offline Rambo

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 19:10:23 PM »
This news doesn't surprise me. Lian and me attract building noise wherever we go so much so that friends wont go on holiday with us anymore (billynomates) We are due to stay at the Oykun from 1st May for 2 weeks, first time in Calis. Maybe I should pack my Toetecters and Hivis jacket.

Offline marina

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 16:38:29 PM »
We arrive at Oyken on 15th May. Second time there, loved it first time.  Third time in Calis.  Hope worst of the building work is over by that time!!  Really looking forward to going back again.

Offline Sophidog

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 14:47:18 PM »
To Rambo and Marina
   could you let us know if the building works are causing any problems please? We're out 3 June but are fairly confident that all will be well; we have a couple with us who haven't been to Turkey before and want them to really enjoy themselves.
Cheers
         sophidog

Offline wingnut

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 15:58:46 PM »
just got back last night from calis was fishing in river next to oykun and only noise i could hear was and you wont believe this they were vacuming the bowling green at the oykun,oh and they were block paving the street outside oykun but they had done the full street in half a day,so you shouldnt have any problem/

Offline Sophidog

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 16:23:56 PM »
Thanks wingnut, now we can't wait. No more puddles outside the Oykun in the evening. Just three more weeks.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf