Author Topic: Calis-Dalyan  (Read 2224 times)

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
Calis-Dalyan
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:33:01 AM »
We have some friends in Dalyan that we would like to hook up with whilst we are visiting Calis in June.

Can anybody tell me how far it is, and how easy to get to Dalyan.  Also, any suggested midway meeting point?

Thanks.

Offline cathy h

Calis-Dalyan
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 09:47:13 AM »
We often had holidays in Dalyan and visited Fethiye to see friends. From Dalyan you take the bus to Ortaca and then at the hop on a dolmus to Fethiye. We also did this journey in reverse last year just for a day out. It took around an hour and a half. You could just meet in Ortaca, but Dalyan is only another half hour and is very pretty. I can't quite remember but I think the buses cost around 10ytl each way. Cathy

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
Calis-Dalyan
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »
Thanks Cathy.  Not as far as I thought then

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Calis-Dalyan
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 19:57:59 PM »
Hi Colin slightly off topic but saw your username and saw Portsmouth do you live in Portsmouth we are in Waterlooville!

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
Calis-Dalyan
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 08:15:02 AM »
I actually live in Portchester inbetween Fareham and Portsmouth, so not far from you.  Season ticket at Fratton Park.  Wembley here I come!

Offline tel

Calis-Dalyan
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 08:38:30 AM »
Join the club.  Pompey born, last lived in Clanfield though. Mum in Waterlooville.
Pompey playing awful lately.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Calis-Dalyan
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 09:05:37 AM »
we have friends who have villa in dalyan and it takes us around 45 minutes to drive. not much in between try saragarmie? nice beech but with big tidal race and under tows

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 11:40:30 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tel

Join the club.  Pompey born, last lived in Clanfield though. Mum in Waterlooville.
Pompey playing awful lately.

Hope so next month :D
Come on the BlueBirds 8)

Offline KarenM

Calis-Dalyan
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 16:40:18 PM »
Hello

Just echoing what others have said really, drive is about 45mins and very easy now the tunnel is open and bus takes about an hour and a half with change to local dolmus in Ortaca.  If you can opt for a visit there as Dalyan is very beautiful and well well worth a visit.

KarenM

Offline micky mouse

Calis-Dalyan
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 18:16:57 PM »
Hi Colin a short note from the other end of the A3,Dalyan is one of the best places in turkey and should you want to,you could stay over night for as little as £10quid ahead.I have friends who have a small hotel bang opposite the tombs lovely location,and they will look after you.They have there own boat and will take you to some nice places and you dont pay tourist prices.I have known this family for some 28years now and i can recomend there hospitality.Hotel Cinnar,over looking tombs.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf