Author Topic: ALL PLEASE READ - New Posting Guidelines  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
ALL PLEASE READ - New Posting Guidelines
« on: April 30, 2008, 09:11:41 AM »
It doesn't often happen that when I go to the UK that I don't come onto CBF at all, but it did this time and it gave me a chance to think about a few things.

Here are a couple of additions to the forum rules I am putting in place, and it is to hopefully make CBF a warmer and easier place to be:

1. Any reply to a new member introduction that isn't a welcome will be deleted. This includes comments about spelling or grammar, negative replies and the like. We all like a laugh but let people establish themselves first!

2. SUBJECT TITLES IN CAPITALS:

New members will be allowed to make this mistake, members who should have a bit more understanding will not. So, any member with 10 or more posts to their name will have any new topic with a subject line in CAPITALS deleted with no exceptions.

This is extremely bad etiquette and most people know this. Sadly some ignore this. New members often make this mistake and this is not ideal but understandable. Please let the CBF mod team contact people and explain this. Don't take it upon yourself to reply and tell them.

All for the smooth and friendly continuation of CBF and to make it more welcoming to new members. It is important to remember that many new members who may well have great knowledge of Calis or Turkey, may not have ever been on a discussion forum in their lives and need a little time to bed in.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »
Good ideas, Scunner. When's the pay rise ;-)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:25:11 AM »
Now actually, I'm giving you a 10% pay rise. You're the financial consultant, you do the maths  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:38:20 AM »
PMSL - that's more than I got with my pension this year.  Thanks bossman!

Offline tonysue

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:49:11 AM »
Good thinking Scunner. Did it hurt? :). Seriously though, I made a few mistakes when I first joined the forum and was reprimanded  harshly, in my opinion, that I questioned whether or not I wanted to be part of this community.But being a thick skinned Liver bird,I decided to give you all another chance ;) lol. Glad I did ,love you all loads now. [:X][:X][:X]

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »
 :) Be sure to invest this Bonus wisely Stoop, I'm sure that investing this 'Windfall' in the right financial product, will ensure your long term security & provide a valuable asset with a worthwhile & lucrative yield on an on-going basis, well done. :D ;)

Congratulations to you all :D ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 11:01:05 AM »
Quite right Tonysue - we can all be a little irritable when new members arrive and break all the rules but some instances have been far from welcoming. We were all new to the internet at some time (mind you in the early days you learned quickly or were ripped to pieces) - and not everyone is a forum expert.

I think we are (on the whole) an incredibly warm and welcoming community but isolated cases may be 'just another newbie' to us, but to the newbie must be quite upsetting and disappointing. All they did was love Calis and feel like they would like to join us, and found themselves attacked or ridiculed, and that simply isn't right.

After a few posts they'll know the form and we can laugh at them  ;)

Offline bigfellow

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 11:10:06 AM »
when i told you guys that scunner was a teddy bear suit wearer, you would'nt believe me. :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 11:11:47 AM »
And you have 147 posts so you can sod off  ;)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 12:27:33 PM »
Good additions to the rules Scunner, I think that posting to a new forum can be quite daunting for most when they are trying to join a thread where everyone knows each other. Until you know the personalities its hard to know if people are having a serious dig or not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf