Author Topic: American car cemetry  (Read 1347 times)

Offline wingnut

American car cemetry
« on: May 03, 2008, 17:35:09 PM »
had a great couple of hours at this place last week,definately one for the petrol heads amongst you,the place is jammed packed with yank tanks from the 40s 50s and 60s chevy belair convertibles fastback mustangs etc its only 2 lira to go in you can look but dont touch,all the cars are for sale and they do an in house restoration service for you all mechanical work bodywork and retrimming done on site to quite a decent standard,but they are not cheap,they had some nice cars waiting to be picked up by customers,when i say not cheap i should say a lot cheaper than if you went to the states for one of these cars they had a 65 fastback bullet mustang fully restored but not mint for 30k they also had a late 70s Daaimler sovereign in original rusty condition and they wanted 5k as it stood you can not give these things awayin the UK,but all in all an excellent couple of hours looking at the cars

Offline Jackds

American car cemetry
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 17:53:28 PM »
Hi,

I remember a couple of years ago seeing a yard off the road we were travelling on and it was full of yank cars,  we turned around and had a look around but there was nobody there at the time, I think it was on the road to Antalya? It sounds like the same place - where was the yard that you visited?
Jack

Offline wickwilly

American car cemetry
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 18:44:01 PM »
There is a big yard just past Ortaca on the way to Mugla.

Offline wingnut

American car cemetry
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 21:10:27 PM »
jack went towards dalaman through big crossroads on for a couple of miles and big yellow school bus on left this is entrance to the yard i also think the area is called ortica or something like that peter

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
American car cemetry
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 02:02:02 AM »
a lot of american airbases in turkey  probably how the cars arrived over here in the first place...now if you want a cheap retro car go to cuba..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf