Author Topic: Rhodes shopping  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Linda

Rhodes shopping
« on: May 06, 2008, 09:42:41 AM »
Has anyone got any experience and tips with regard to shopping whilst over in Rhodes?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Rhodes shopping
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:46:41 AM »
There is a small Marks & Spencer and a B.H.S. in the New Town, but don't miss Sephora which is a lovely Cosmetics/Perfume shop.  They have branches in U.S.A. and their products are fabulous.  I visited the one in New York and was very pleased to see this branch in Rhodes, their eyeshadows are particularly good. In the old town go to the very top of the hill of shops and see the leather goods shop,and workshop, they will make belts etc., to measure.  Good selection of Alcohol in the shops and you can also buy Cigars (which are hard to get in Turkey).  Also go passed the Leather shop and turn right up the hill to a great restaurant call Rustico where they make you feel like a close relative.  The Greek food there is to die for.
Jacqui.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Rhodes shopping
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:02:29 PM »
There's a MacDonalds too :D

If it's food you are after, grab a taxi anywhere around seafront and ask to go to Lidl. It is 5 euro's each way, big Lidl (for ham and other bits) and other side of the road a big Spar (Cadbury's, Heinz, Kerrygold cheese etc).

Sad I know, but I don't care. :P

Offline Linda

Rhodes shopping
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 17:49:02 PM »
That's great guys .... FAB info  :) Keep the tips coming, all info greatfully received  ;)

Offline MagicalGarden

Rhodes shopping
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 17:59:55 PM »
Does anyone know if there are any good toy shop's.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Rhodes shopping
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 18:11:18 PM »
There are 3 decent places (as another parent struggling to find decent toys) - If you get a taxi from the port to M&S (passing and avoiding the ridiculously expensive and touristy 'Old Town' - next door is a good little toy shop, similar to a Disney Store type shop in the UK. From there ask where McDonalds is, it's just a short walk - on the corner facing McDonalds (McDonalds is on a corner too) is another shop, half tacky tourist souveniers and the other half general toys and games. If you need some more, grab a taxi to the above mentioned Lidl/Spar. The Spar is very big and has a toy section. None of these 3 have huge toy selections, but together way better than anything locally.

I forgot to mention, the Taxi driver may ask which Lidl/Spar you mean - they are on the Lindos road out of Rhodes town, and either side of what is a pretty busy road. Getting a taxi back may take 5-10 minutes to flag one down, but you will get one.

Offline MagicalGarden

Rhodes shopping
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 19:42:01 PM »
Thanks, we may need a trip over this summer. Be interesting to see what Cem thinks of McDonalds

Been reading a few new names for you lately Keith "Scunny bun" and "big cuddly teddy bear". We are having a mothers day picnic this Sunday for the nursery children. Would you like to pop down and do a little show for the kids, you can wear your bunny or teddy bear suit.:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf