Author Topic: Dyson repair!!  (Read 1957 times)

Offline kelebek

« on: May 06, 2008, 19:36:56 PM »
HELP !!!   Does anyone know where I can get my Dyson  vaccuum cleaner repaired?  I carted it here from England and now the brush/beater won't work. The dogs hairs are accumulating!!!! Please.... Any ideas anyone?????

Offline wingnut

Dyson repair!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 20:12:55 PM »
turn it upside down and switch on, is the roller going round? if not but the motor is running it can be only 2 things either the belt has gone or the bearings on the end of the roller have gummed up causing the belt to slip give them a good spray with wd 40 and try to work the bearings free ,if its the belt you will have to get someone to bring one out from uk for you depending which model some only take ten minutes and a philips screwdriver to change, or try taking it to one of the little electrical repair shops in fethiye,if you still dont get it sorted let me know and i will bring you one but im not coming out until end of july

Offline kelebek

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 20:16:40 PM »
Thanks so much wingnut.  I will try your suggestions- very helpful.

Offline starman

Dyson repair!!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 20:31:43 PM »
You can get spares from the big cities quiet easily has dyson have suppliers here. Only on hoovers though. I have bother hoover and washing machine and washing machine parts I have to get from the UK

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 20:58:06 PM »
I will be out in 4 weeks, if you need dyson belt let me know and I will bring one over.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Dyson repair!!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 08:54:42 AM »
A mate of mine collects dysons and sells the parts on ebay, if you find you have a problem and need some parts give me a mail, I am coming out to Calis 3rd June
Ron

Offline kelebek

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 09:26:34 AM »
Thanks everyone.  First trying to find out what the problem is!  Have done as Wingnut suggested and the motor is running fine. Have removed the roller cover and the belt seems to be ok - in position, with no damage. I can turn the roller by hand but the belt doesn't go round. I can't see how to get further in to the machine to check out anything else.  How do I know if it is the belt that is the problem??? Really grateful, by the way, for all the advice and offers of help. Thanks everyone.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dyson repair!!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 09:40:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by legless

A mate of mine collects dysons

Must be a right scream when you lot get together

Offline kelebek

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »
Scunner - you have no idea what it is like for a girl to be without her dyson!!!  Efficiency a total requirement!  Leaves more time for the important things in life - see - now you know.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Dyson repair!!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 09:47:06 AM »
If you have a Dyson you should read this article in the Which magazine, as some Dysons  pre-motor filters should be rinsed every six months.  http://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_campaigns/house_and_home/Reports/cleaning/Dyson_rapped_over_advert_news_article_557_115698.jsp

I bought a Dyson and it lasted 13 months and then broke down.   I then read a consumer report that said Dysons where not that good.    However, after watching a programme on T.V.  that informed  that  Richard Dyson closed his British Factory and put 800 loyal employees of work  so he could open in Singapore I  took a personal decision not to buy another Dyson, but to get another brand of vacuum that got a very good consumer report and  was used by Hotels it was the very plain cheap "Henry".   I have now had my Henry for 6 years and he is still going strong.
Now will get out and get a life Keith!
Jacqui

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf