Author Topic: ERGOISVICRE and AXA Insurance Warning  (Read 3895 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
ERGOISVICRE and AXA Insurance Warning
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 21:34:29 PM »
Another thing that sticks out like a sore thumb to me (after selling insurance for a lot of years) is that I have yet to come across an insurance policy that deducts wear and tear from buildings cover. How can this be? All buildings are covered for full replacement costs otherwise someone with a 100 year old house would get naff all if it fell down:  "Oh sorry to say we have knocked off 100 years wear and tear from the claim Mr A".

Apart from that there is no mention of this in our policy wording at all.

This is going to get very interesting over the next few weeks.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 21:34:45 PM »
I feel i must put my 10pence worth in here.
My villa was flooded the same time as Stoops( for those who dont know we are nieghbours )I am with AXA insurance and the figures that I recieved the same time as stoop dont add up either

Building Policy Excess   1803 YTL
Assessment
Painting and labour      400 YTL = £166.00
Kitchen cupboards        800 YTL = £333.00  
Doors                    500 YTL = £208.00
Total assessment        1700 YTL
I am being told that the excess is more than the claim so no payout.

So were can i get someone to replace my kitchen cupboards and doors for the price they have assessed when I paid £2000.00 for my Kitchen last year

I await your comments
Ron  
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 22:10:42 PM by legless »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 21:43:08 PM »
Also it's very interesting that although we are with different insurance companies (and different brokers) we have on two occasions got the same (or very similar) emails on the same days telling us that our claim was refused - and only after we both chased up the claim - separately I might add.

The plot thickens.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 22:02:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by puma

no but i will post about the insurance firm i am with if they are not forcoming with what i want

Puma
You should post the name of your insurance company (when your claim is sorted) so that other members can either use or avoid them, depending on the outcome.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 22:05:52 PM »
Dave do you have any thoughts on this matter " you being a local and that " does it ring any bells with you ?

Thanks
Ron

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 22:27:08 PM »
Crikey Stoop, I've just had a thought - my house in the UK is 105 years old.  If I was insured with that insurance company, I'd actually owe THEM money if I tried to make a claim, by the time they used their depreciation figures  :o !

I'm not making light of your problem at all - I really feel for you.  Insurance is never cheap, and we hope never to have to make a claim, but when or if we do, we expect it to be dealt with in the correct manner.  All the best, I hope you get it sorted.  It certainly does sound a bit suspicious though. :(

Julie

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 22:34:52 PM »
Ron
I don`t bother with insurance, I`ve heard too many "they didn`t pay out stories"
If my house collapsed I`d get more in scrap for the reinforcing rods than I would from an insurance company.  :D
Plus I`d still own the land.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 23:13:49 PM »
Dave,

I'm really wondering if it was worth the £185 we paid for this cover after this escapade. I think we might just consider earthquake cover only next time.

Julesbob,

I know you are not making light of or situation but actually it is quite funny (if it wasn't costing us money) that we have been hit with wear and tear on the buildings cover - even though there is no mention of it in the policy. As you say - in many cases you would owe them money if you had an old house.

As far as I know we have had no actual correspondence from the insurance company direct so it will be interesting to see what their replies are to 1: My email to their Head Office and 2: Jim's email to their office in Fethiye. We were told initially that a claim was put in for all the downstairs furniture and the dvd player - then we find out this is a total of 300ytl!!

For those that haven't seen the damage I have a few photos:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 23:15:38 PM by stoop »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 05:51:54 AM »
Whilst not involving a damage claim, mine was a burglary, I have to say it was dealt with very quickly by Aviva(Turkish) and I had received payment in a month. Initially they did not want to pay for a telephoto lens for my camera as "It did not belong to the camera" but they agreed when I pointed out it was actually attached to the camera and not an extra and I also discovered a very small amount of cash in a wallet was "Not covered". There was a small standard excess but no other deductions were made on my claim figures. :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 07:11:14 AM »
Thanks Brian - obviously we will be looking out for a new company soon so that helps. Did you deal with the claim yourself?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf