Author Topic: another scam!!  (Read 3029 times)

Offline chewyturk

another scam!!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 00:28:43 AM »
Come-on - name and shame the culprit.
It really p*sses me off the way tourists/expats get fleeced. Don't be under the impression that this is an isolated incedent. It happens alot in many different circumstances.
I know the wages are sh*t out here but that's no excuse. I love the turks (i'm married to one) but if you are unsure about anything, try and get help from someone you trust.
Most things here are done for money (eg your friendly waiter/barman telling you where to buy property - he gets a handsome commission regardless of what he might tell you).
Always be on your guard - sad but true.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
another scam!!
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 00:39:38 AM »
A good friend (Turkish) told me he was in one of the Turkcell shops and an English woman was getting a Turkish sim, with the help of a young Turkish man. She asked him how much it was, he asked the shopkeeper in Turkish and he replied in Turkish that it was 25 lira. He turned to his English lady friend and said 75 lira. She paid him and was extremely grateful for his help.

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
another scam!!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 09:14:46 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

You have missed the point here Pete....it has nothing to do with topping up your phone with a Kontur card.  This is a Reserve bank of Konturs that build up in your phone as you use it over a period of time. As Stuart has said you can then access these units via the phone. :)

I haven't missed the point. If you claim your kontors that are in the bank yourself as with entering new kontors, and do not let anyone else 'fiddle' with your phone they will not be able to take them from you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf