Author Topic: Should I worry about the sea?  (Read 3322 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Should I worry about the sea?
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 18:53:29 PM »
 8)twin bee is spot on, there is a sheer drop, not to mention the jagged rocks, you can get some nasty cuts, pick a spot where you can get in and out easily, we used the one by the Serkul last time and used to gauge it by one of the lanterns in the restaurant, other than that go further up the beach by the surf club, it starts off pretty shallow there..... ;)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 19:29:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Beach_Bunny

Are the sea shoes you mention 'crocs'?

http://hauteconcept.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/crocs_cayman_choc.jpg

Or are they different?

A woman of my class would not be seen in anything as rediculous:D. Anthing will do that you don't mind wearing in the sea.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 19:29:33 PM »
Beach Bunny, why don't you stick to the water park?  That way you should be safe  :)  Apart from the thousands of noisey kids that will be there (including mine :D )

Not sure whether you can snorkel there though, lol :D

Enjoy your holiday and try not to worry (this is coming from someone who is scared stiff of the sea :-\ )

Julie

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 19:51:38 PM »
Don't wish to be over alarmist, but aren't there some worrying under currents and haven't there been a couple of fatalities in recent years.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 20:01:35 PM »
H - go away, lol!  We're trying to reassure BB that all is well in Calis sea !

Offline Beach_Bunny

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 20:08:34 PM »
Crocs are hideous shoes (but very comfortable, I must add) but if I'm in the water nobody will see them. I'd rather wear them than have my toes nipped at by some bloody fish lol.

Is there a water park nearby then julesbob0303 - I didn't know that. Where is it located? I'm a bit partial to waterslides so I'd love a trip to one. The apartment my nan has just bought on Calis Beach has a pool but I don't think I'll use it if the sea is safe. Thanks for pointing out about the currents though Highlander - a few years ago when I was swimming in the sea in Monaco, France I was snorkelling and I got dragged a bit too far out and the site of 10 massive pike fish near my feet sent me crazy. My snorkle and goggles filled with water and I nearly drowned. I laugh about it now, but the current really didn't help when I was trying to kick the fish away. A little boy died the next day from the current. I have a few other stories of times I've nearly drowned (which I do have a good ol' giggle about) so I'd rather be prepared this time. I don't want any unwanted sea creatures getting too close for comfort.

Offline suzi Q

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 20:11:35 PM »
Definately Crocs because they will keep you afloat:D

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 20:14:19 PM »
 :) BB, you'll be far safer by the pool  :)  At least any attacks by 'hairy monsters' will (hopefully) only be from the ones you've invited over :D ;)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 20:15:55 PM »
Beach bunny - the current can be very strong, and the shelve quite steep, so the tip about shoes is in my mind vital.  I'm not sure crocs would give you the grip, but there are lots of pool/beach shoes for sale everywhere, for just a few £, and they are worth every penny.  I've not seen anything too scarey myself, a few jelly fish but apparently there is a specific season for them and I have a feeling that its in the spring some time....?   Have a lovely holiday, don't worry about what lurks beneath....its what floats on top that you need to avoid !!! ;): :)

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 20:27:01 PM »
yes crocs will keep you afloat but upside down :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf