Author Topic: Should I worry about the sea?  (Read 3323 times)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Should I worry about the sea?
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 20:28:00 PM »
:D PMSL Pookie, you're on form tonight :D ;)

Offline Beach_Bunny

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 20:28:30 PM »
Is Olu Deniz beach any safer in regards to the current and steep shelve? I know they're not that far apart but I'd like a little paddle in the sea at some point - even if I don't get all the way in. I'm still a kid at heart lol.

Thanks for all the help though everyone. I am still really excited despite the fear of dying or being attacked by something in the sea. I'm more than happy to paraglide though providing the instructor can guarantee a landing that's not made in the sea lol.

What floats on top?! I'm not expecting any 'floaters' of the human excretion sort am I? (Think: Kevin and Perry Go Large - The Movie) *worried*

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 20:34:16 PM »
the far side of the lagoon at olu deniz is shallow you can walk out quite away and it is sandy

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 20:42:05 PM »
Go to Iztuzu beach near Dalyan at least once, clear as a bell, soft sand and you can walk out for ages before it gets anything like deep. No seaweed either, and I didn't see an octopus [:o]

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 21:12:06 PM »
Be careful at Iztuzu beach as sometime the sea can be rough with strong currents,
Strong enough to prevent the boats from entering the river. 8)

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 21:14:34 PM »
BB - yes there is a water park at Calis, not far from the dolphin roundabout.  Free tickets to go in if you eat at the Calis Beach restaurant.  (Use the search facility at the top right hand side of the page for more info.)

Julie

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 22:12:00 PM »
bb the jelly shoes are for sale in the shops on the front a bit lighter to wear then crocs

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 23:05:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

Beach Bunny - I have exactly the same thing- I wear shoes in the sea- always, even if I can't touch the bottom (like on a boat trip). Don't pass up on the snorkelling, since I have been coming to Turkey I have managed to overcome my snorkelling phobia aswell (almost). I started off having to make a moaning noise to reassure myself that I was breathing properly, it got me in the rhythm. I only go when I have someone with me in case I do bump into something unpleasant (I never have and probably never will) Remember when snorkelling that your lenses are magnified and so it makes things seem much closer and much bigger than they really are. Lots of the shops in the area sell the beach shoes - good luck. If you see a moaning sea dragon with huge turquoise feet coming out of the sea- don't worry too much - it's only me.:D

/  

oh that's so funny.reminds me of when i first went scuba diving.I was terrified and held the instructors hand all the time.```````don't think i got more than a metre down till he shoved me down to the bottom for a photo!!!!!!! lol:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf