Author Topic: Passport & Visa for Baby  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Passport & Visa for Baby
« on: May 25, 2008, 18:37:28 PM »
Well we am really looking forward to my Granddaughter visiting us in October.  But our son has just asked if she will need to pay the £10 visa.  This got me thinking, they will need to get her on a passport too.  Anyone got any info on visas and passports that I can pass on to the two new parents??

I think the passport has got to have a certain amount of time left on it or something.

Offline jwood

• Nottingham, UK
Passport & Visa for Baby
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 19:12:44 PM »
I think (not certain) the passport has to have three months left on at the time of exit from turkey.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Passport & Visa for Baby
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 19:28:44 PM »
Hi Rinaldoo, juwst to let you know the baby must have her/his own passport now, they cant go on parents passports, and anyone needs 6months on their passport to go to Turkey,sorry to be the beare of bad news , and the baby will also be charged the £10 entry visa, I only know because we've not long been through the process,but it will be worth it,  ;)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Passport & Visa for Baby
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 19:58:20 PM »
Thanks for that, I will pass on this info to son. They seem to be well prepared, they just asked about the visa, that's all.  I thought I would double check on the passport issue.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Passport & Visa for Baby
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 14:14:47 PM »
laffa right, we had to get our son a passport when he was 10months old now hes three his passport still valued but you would be hard put to fit his face now to that shown in his passport, only a blind man would have thought of this system.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Passport & Visa for Baby
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 14:33:54 PM »
Baby is 4 weeks old and will fly at 5 months.  SO she will be quite different, I would have thought.  Yes, maybe fingerprinting would be a better system, for extra security.

Offline heatherhanum

Passport & Visa for Baby
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 16:04:23 PM »
Hi Linda how exciting your new grandchild going to Turkey very soon. We are taking our 2 grandsons on Monday. They are 2 and 3 years its cost us a fortune for passports etc but I cant wait to see their little faces when they meet all the lovely friendly Turks. I have taught them to say a few words in Turkish they sound so cute. I am so excited now I cannot wait. Have fun Linda. If you are planning to go to the Bambu on Wednesday evening I will see you there.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Passport & Visa for Baby
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 21:23:35 PM »
Hi Heather. I am really looking forward to showing Isla off.  I am sure you are on my wavelength there, eh.  Not sure what we're doing Wednesday as we have friends over but if I think we can make it I will let you know.  Meanwhile I hope you have a good journey and smashing time. X

Offline heatherhanum

Passport & Visa for Baby
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 09:14:47 AM »
Thanks Linda x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf