Author Topic: Driving Test  (Read 1230 times)

Offline joe_alison

Driving Test
« on: May 26, 2008, 11:09:33 AM »
Hi my trusted friends! Another question I need to ask you to easy our progress on the move to Turkey.

But first I would like to ask how you're all coping with the fantastic weather I hear your having, because in England we have had nothing but rain, rain, rain!

Your teaser today is in connection with my daughter who is currently having driving lessons in England. She is in her early stages and I would like to know if by the time we join you in Turkey, can she take her test in Turkey, furthermore, what is policy on the theory test. If such a thing exists can she have the luxury of an interpreter?

Can't wait to move now! ! !

C U all soon

Regards

Joe

Offline rosie10

• CHRIS AND SUE SMITH
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:22:31 AM »
Driving and theory test in Turkey!!!  

I believe a pass is being able to put the key in the ignition and steer for about ten yards without hitting anything.  A fail would be if your eyesight was so bad that you couldn't find the car to put the key in the ignition in the first place.

Of course, if it's a scooter or a moped thing you would need at least five minutes to learn how to balance at least two adults, two or three children (under 5), the family dog and the weekly shopping.

:D:D:D:D:D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:33:52 AM by rosie10 »

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Driving Test
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:42:17 AM »
Rosie I thinkyou are wrong here- what about the intensive training they have in the tooting of the horn and the type of toot appliacable and when. This I understand takes many weeks/months of practice.

Personally if it was me I would be making sure that she passes her test before you get there. If they do have tests imagine having to go through it in Turkey- nightmare. If the moving date is soon consider putting her through intensive lessons for a quicker result. Best of luck - took my daughter 5 attempts.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:42:54 AM by Gorgeous_bird »

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Driving Test
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 12:31:39 PM »
Don't forget, if you are moving to Calis, you have to learn how to go through a red light without causing an accident. Alan

Offline Eric

Driving Test
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 12:39:25 PM »
Driving lessons consist of being able to drive in a straight line on the straight part [?]of the Uzumlu road.  Driving test is the same

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Driving Test
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 13:28:04 PM »
The eyesight test consists of being able to distinguish between a 20YTL note and 10 YTL note when you give them to the examiner in return for your licence.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 13:38:53 PM by KKOB »

Offline hubblebubble

Driving Test
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 13:47:14 PM »
http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=viewid=1384itemid=58

Your daughter will be able to drive on a uk license - so probably best to take the uk test.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf