Author Topic: ITV1 Looking for British Ex-Pats in Turkey  (Read 1479 times)

Offline nplh

ITV1 Looking for British Ex-Pats in Turkey
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:14:12 AM »
Are You A British Ex-Pat Living In Turkey But Missing The UK?
Are You In A Dilemma About Whether To Return?

If so ITV1 are making a documentary series about expats who are weighing up the merits of returning home.

It is the great British dream to find a place in the sun which offers tranquility and a better quality of life. It is no surprise then that many people turn to Turkey with its stunning weather, cultural heritage and fiscal benefits. Yet despite this one in three people who leave Britain are returning home every year.

In many cases this has nothing to do with their adopted country but more to do with personal circumstances. Upon making the decision to return some find they fall back in love with the country and decide to stay for good but others are surprised about how much has changed since they left and end up ruing their decision to return.

So how can you be sure the Britain you left offers you the opportunities you crave? How can you reconcile so many factors such as career, property and schooling decisions whilst abroad?

We are offering expats the opportunity to be flown back home to see what the UK has to offer them. They will spend a week back in the UK as we show them some of the things they have missed about Britain whilst also highlighting the reasons why they moved in the first place.

The issues we tackle are completed predicated upon what the contributors need from their time back. These often include finding properties that fit their budget and comparing this to their lifestyle abroad, analysing schooling options for their kids, re-uniting them with family and considering career opportunities.

We hope by the end of the week our contributors will have either developed a new appreciation for what their adopted country offers them, or been inspired to return home.

If you would like to find out more please contact us on michael.hanney@fevermedia.co.uk or call 0044 207 4285752.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
ITV1 Looking for British Ex-Pats in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:13:42 PM »
 :) Looks like a good company portfolio Michael, Dragons Den is a great program.

I've seen a couple of the programs on the 'should I stay, or should I go' theme.  One was about a family who had emigrated to New Zealand a few years ago.  It was interesting to watch the story unfold and of course see which country they decided to settle in  :).

If you ever want to do a program along the lines of  'How 'Wrong' can it go, Buying abroad?' give me a shout  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf