Author Topic: Best Beach  (Read 4456 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Best Beach
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 16:10:05 PM »
How disappointing to read that. Anyway, it isn't (or should that be wasn't) the best beach anyway - it's worth a journey to Iztuzu Beach near Dalyan - perfect soft sand, litter free and the sea is amazing - walk 100m out and it's still at waist height - perfect for kids.

Offline chorleyboy

Best Beach
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 16:14:27 PM »
Scunner

How do we get there from Calis? Or would it be just as easy from Oasis Village in Yaniklar?
Is there a dolmus what we could catch, looks like that beach is perfect for the children, and me.

Thanks in advance

Ste

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Best Beach
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 16:26:48 PM »
Hi Ste

I'm not entirely sure but I think you can book a trip/excursion to Iztuzu Beach with most tour companies, also combined with mudbaths or river boat trip past the rock tombs. I'm no expert on Dolmus's so I hope someone else knows. Hiring a car for a day may be a good idea, it's worth it for a brilliant, relaxed day.

Offline chorleyboy

Best Beach
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 16:34:49 PM »
Thanks for that Scunner.

Its one of those should I or shouldnt I with the car.

Though been driving longer than driving my missus insane I dont know if I fancy driving abroad as never done it before.

I read somewhere it aint all that bad as the roads are quieter than Chorley Lancs which seems to double in traffic every other week.

I know it will be posted on the forum somewhere but I might as well ask here, whats the hire charge for a day or two?

Still like to know though if its possible to get to that beach without hring a car or having to book a day trip with the mudbaths though we will probably do that one anyway.

Offline waterdragon

Best Beach
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 17:35:19 PM »
Ste

Get a bus to Dalyan (change at Ortaca) and then you have a choice of either a dolmus down to the beach or a water taxi down the river. The two different ways take you to different ends of the beach (about 4km long!) Bus goes to the local's end and river taxi to more touristy end. Setting is beautiful. On one side you have the sea and in parts on the other you have the delta lagoon.

I know one way is to go down by river and back by dolmus (with a 4k walk from one to the other!)

Both routes have their own beauty and attraction.

But definitely worth the trip which ever way you go.

When on the beach take note of the signs which tell you where you can put your towel etc down (remember this one the most significant nesting beaches for Caretta caretta turtles in the Mediterranean)

Tim

Offline chorleyboy

Best Beach
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 18:59:18 PM »
Cheers for that Tim, do I catch the bus from Calis and is it easy to find? The bus stop that is. For me, I never been to this region I just want to know everything before I even get there, but its invaluable on here what you pick up off other members.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 11:46:40 AM »
Went to Katranchi last year and it was mobbed with locals on holiday. Hardly any space on the beach and we left after an hour.  Cafe is cheap but we noticed that the Turks in front of us paid a lot less for the same purchase than we did.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Best Beach
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »
Ste - I can understand your reservations about driving in Turkey. I had them but I found it easier than I expected as the vehicles can't go very fast due to the road conditions and the volume of cars is less than in UK towns. Most places are aesy to find if you have a passenger who can look out for signs. Car hire is about £25/30 per day.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Best Beach
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 13:47:15 PM »
Quite right, and also in general the main roads are very wide and easy for overtaking - there is no road rage in Turkey, drive at 5 mph and nobody cares, they just overtake you.

Offline lmaddy

Best Beach
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 14:10:56 PM »
I drive in Turkey and have no reservations - in fact my husband says I fit in well..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf