Author Topic: Daft question possibly? Spending money  (Read 6557 times)

Offline batman

Daft question possibly? Spending money
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 13:48:01 PM »
babcc, if you are planning to eat out every night plus trips etc £100 per day should to it. Just a point, if the children have smaller appitites most places will do child portions and you still get quite alot. Have a great time.

Offline jono

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 16:03:14 PM »
babcc
I have never been to Calis but do know Marmaris and costs.Last year my sister and hubby stayed at one of our places in Marmaris with their 2 kids.
My sister is very careful with money but not in the tight fisted meaning, just sensible. They were also self-catering but only ate out in the evenings.They took £1500 cash with them in sterling and only changed it into Turkish Lira when they needed it.They all had a great holiday.Did the water parks etc to keep the kids happy and they actually came home with £150.    jono  :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 16:04:36 PM by jono »

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 16:06:52 PM »
Thanks guys.  Have an idea now - sort of! xx

No doubt you will hear from me again before I go.  xxx

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 16:40:28 PM »
Can I just make the point that that I found  Marmaris last year to be 30 % dearer than  the surrounding small villages, in particular the Restaurants

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 18:43:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Do you think that answers the question GB? :D

Yep.

Offline McGroogle

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 19:09:05 PM »
Batman is right £100/ day will do it.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 20:31:59 PM »
I think £100 a day sounds a lot.  You can manage with much less than that, if you need to.  :)

As long as your not eating out in the seafront restaurants every night (lovely as they are!), you can get by on much less than this.

We came with our 3 daughters a little while back - ate breakfast in the apartment; a light lunch; and a decent meal in the evenings (but in the smaller, away-from-the-seafront restaurants).  Few beers every day (plus plenty in the fridge!).  :):D 8)

Its the trips that cost the money and soon add up, but if you're on a tightish budget, you only need to do a couple each week.  (Most of the boat trips are about a tenner each).  The weather will be great, and kids will spend ages playing in the pool, which costs nothing.  :-\

As Alan says, bring a few hundred pounds with you, and cash it as you need it.  Plenty of cashpoints around.  Have a great holiday.  :) Julie

Oh yeah, and eat in the Calis Beach Restaurant on the seafront one evening and get free waterpark tickets which the kids will love!  (I should be on commission from them - I'm always recommending both the restaurant and the water park, lol).  :) 8) :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 20:37:27 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 20:50:04 PM »
I would say £75 a day would be ok... depends whether you drink spirits and cocktails and do a lot trips!

Offline baby.boo

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 20:53:11 PM »
my family usually brings about 500 maybe upto 700 there are only 3 of us and this lasts us 3 weeks, like julesbob we buy bits n bobs and have breakfast on the cheap in the apartment get a light lunch either in the room or at the hotel bar then eat out at night.
If you intend on doing alot of trips bring a fair bit more they van be quite pricey.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 21:22:33 PM »
£11 a head per day not sure i could get by on that :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf